molecular bio / genetics study material? help please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

logik15

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i've been searching the forum but i couldn't find anything but agree with other people on how HY molecular bio/genetics are on the shelves. I took the biochem shelf last semester and about 30-40% of the exam was on molecular stuff. I just took the micro shelf and that ALSO had a bunch of molecular stuff in terms of the drugs and conjugation/transduction etc. This was also the weakest area for me. I just read that Genetics is also a huge part of the path shelf which im taking next semester and i want to be prepared this time.

Can anyone please give me some feedback on what i should read to be solid on this area. Im not sure how HY this is on step 1 but so far for biochem and micro its been tremendously HY on the shelves. Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

I am going to bump this thread. I am looking for a good Genetics text for class and that can double for USMLE review. Anyone have any good titles?

Emery's Elements of Medical Genetics (quite concise but covers all the stuff)....or Thompson's Medical Genetics (pretty much like Emery's)