Molecular Biology and USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Glycerin

Commercially Unavailable
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed on the PharmCAS website, when they list the prereqs for USC, Molecular Biology is listed. The only Molecular Biology at my current university is for the med students. Does anyone know if they would accept Cell Biology in lieu of Molecular Biology?

Members don't see this ad.

hey!
i know that for me personally, cell bio was okay to satisfy the molecular bio req. but i would check with admissions in regards to the school you took it at, just to make sure. you can also go to www.usc.edu/pharmacy (under admissions; your school's course equivalents) and check exactly what courses from your school are okay to satisfy usc's requirement.

First, check to see if your school is listed in the Course Equivalency List on the USC website. It will tell you all the courses at your school that satisfy the prerequisites. If your school is not listed, you can email the course description to Xin Gong at [email protected] and she will let you know if it satisfies the requirement.