Molecular Biology/Genetics Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrBrightside

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

My school lumps together Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Genetics. Course called Molecules, Genes and Cells. I was wondering if anyone had a recomended book for the Genetics and Molecular Biology portion of the course. We are done with Biochem. I would prefer more of a review book since I really don't have that much time to read a text.

Thanks,
MrBrightSide

Members don't see this ad.

There is a BRS book in biochem that I've never read.

Molecular Biology of the Cell is usually a favorite text for that stuff, but it is huge.

Thanks for the repy.

Since I haven't gotten too many hits. I will ask another question. How did you guys study for the molecular biology/genetics component of your courses?

Thanks for the repy.

Since I haven't gotten too many hits. I will ask another question. How did you guys study for the molecular biology/genetics component of your courses?

My school also grouped biochem/genetics/molec biol. For genetics I use Lippincott's, has good explanations and I like the diagrams. I also have Mark's Basic Medical Biochemistry but I haven't used it much yet. BRS Biochem I got it because it has end of chapter problems that help pull all the material together. Pretest biochem, well, I'm still "evaluating it" so I don't know.
For the molecular bio part they recommended ALbert's The Cell. It's more detailed than what we need but some people like it for clarification purposes. You can access it online and check it out. Stryer is also online. Hope this helps!