Molecular Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StartingLine3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My molecular biology class is the worst. We have to write up a lab report every week that is basically a regurgitation of what is already present in our lab manual. The notebook is due at the end of the semester and is worth sixty percent of our lab grade. It is the middle of the semester and I have not written any of the reports, I am going to have to write about 8 of them over spring break :(.

Members don't see this ad.

Arg my second post and I already messed up. :( Can someone delete the thread.

Procrastination kills alot of people's grades. I am sure you know this, but if you do the work as the semester goes on, you won't have to do as much all at once. I tell my son this all the time, but he is 16 and thinks he knows everything and doesn't need my advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually you can delete and edit your own posts. Click on the edit button on the bottom right hand side of your first post. you can change stuff there or delete your post.

Originally posted by Amy B
Actually you can delete and edit your own posts. Click on the edit button on the bottom right hand side of your first post. you can change stuff there or delete your post.

You can edit, but you can't delete your post if it is the 1st in the thread.

Originally posted by DrMom
You can edit, but you can't delete your post if it is the 1st in the thread.

So can you edit the title?

That is just dumb... we used to be able to delete our threads if we wanted to. Why not now? What's changed? Too much power in the hands of the little people?

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
That is just dumb... we used to be able to delete our threads if we wanted to. Why not now? What's changed? Too much power in the hands of the little people?

:rolleyes: this has been the case for quite a while.

I believe that there are some issues with the database when threads are deleted. Some people were deleting threads in large #s. Anyways, if there ever is a reason why you need a thread deleted, get ahold of a supermod of the mod of the forum the thread is in. As long as you don't abuse us, we're happy to help.

*edit: I offered to change the title for the OP, but haven't heard back yet. I went ahead & did so. Now you guys are welcome to discuss the original post, but let's stop hijacking this thread to complain about deleting/editing posts. :)

Yea molecular bio was demanding. I think i learned more out of it than my other classes though. Our lab here was 10hrs a week, 2 lab practicals, and of course the notebook. We had a quiz every Friday, and one midterm in the lecture portion. Nice 6 unit class.

In the flip side, with such a high tempo, it was hard to procrastinate. So I guess there are tradeoffs.

Heh, i had meant for this to be a post in another thread, but I messed up and created a new thread. Yeah, I have sort of fallen behind with the lab reports, I have been really busy with genetics and the second semester of organic. The lab reports are not hard at all, with several hours of time I should be able to complete them.

i am taking the molecular bio class and its the hardest biology class i have ever taken. Memorizing 20 pathways for amino acid metabolism and synthesis, photosynthesis, glycolysis, etc...is a real pain. Also , we have to know like 50 enzymes and cofactors for a simple DNA or RNA process.