molecular genetics passages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Portlandguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was reading some of the reivews of the April 7 MCAT, and everyone seems to say that the Bio section contained a lot of molecular genetics passages. Could anyone give me an example(s) of a passage from AAMC 3-10 that was similar to a molecular genetics passage that was on the real thing?

I have gone through some of the AAMC tests and i just dont see very much molecular gentics on there, so if someone could provide an example of what to expect I would very much appreciate it. Thank you so much! And congrats fro being done!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, so I am right in that there is not one single passage in AAMC 3-10 that is even remotely like a molecular genetics passage that was seen on the latest MCAT???

That just sounds crazy to me, but I guess I will have to deal with it.

Wow, so I am right in that there is not one single passage in AAMC 3-10 that is even remotely like a molecular genetics passage that was seen on the latest MCAT???

That just sounds crazy to me, but I guess I will have to deal with it.

Isn't AAMC10 a few years old already? That may explain the disconnect from current material.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly the molecular genetics on the 4/7 test wasn't that bad (it might also be my background in biochemistry)... the passages were involving but the questions were still based on basic principles... Like mitochondrial structure and enzymes which we've all seen in basic metabolism lessons.

Honestly the molecular genetics on the 4/7 test wasn't that bad (it might also be my background in biochemistry)... the passages were pretty involving but the questions were still based on basic principles... Like mitochondrial structure and enzymes which we've all seen in basic metabolism lessons.

Agreed..You can try to intimidate/confuse the reader by presenting 3-4 genes with various functions, but the questions are still predicated on basic regulation and cell biology. It's analagous to the PS passage that presents a Schrodinger wave equation and then asks how many electrons in heliums outer shell :)

if you are still looking for molecular genetics passages, I believe Kaplan has a few. If you have access to Qbank, run a search there.