Monday, Bloody Monday

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Did you match into RadOnc today?

• Yes

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Maybe (ranked 2 or more categorical fields)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

Gfunk6

And to think . . . I hesitated
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Unlike the majority of fields out there, it seems that for RadOnc the REAL Match Day is today. Our field is so freaking competitive that we should be satisifed with the knowledge that we got in anywhere . . .

I wish everyone on these boards a, "Congratulations, you have matched!" in two hours.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the "you matched" email but I did have a preliminary program on my primary rank order list. Does this mean I could have not matched in Rad Onc still or would the have recognized that it is only a prelim and told me. Still a little confused and ready for the anxiety to end.

joewilly said:
I got the "you matched" email but I did have a preliminary program on my primary rank order list. Does this mean I could have not matched in Rad Onc still or would the have recognized that it is only a prelim and told me. Still a little confused and ready for the anxiety to end.

If all you ranked were RadOnc programs and Preliminary Medicine, then you have nothing to worry about. You either (a) Matched into Advanced RadOnc + Prelim or (b) Matched into Categorical RadOnc (prelim included).

joewilly said:
i'm in the same situation so i'm not sure if i really matched or simply matched in a prelim program. will can nrmp to see if they can clarify.

This should help. I've quoted it from the NRMP FAQ:

How will I know if I have matched to a program?

At 12:00 noon on Monday of Match Week, applicants can learn IF they matched to a program on their rank order list by logging in to the NRMP's Registration, Ranking, and Results (R3) System using their AAMC ID and password. Applicants will be presented with one of the following messages on the Applicant Options page:

1. Congratulations, you have matched!

This message will be displayed for any applicant who is "fully" matched, including

* Applicants who listed and matched to a categorical program.
* Applicants who listed and matched to preliminary and advanced programs.

Other conditions also apply. Applicants who listed only advanced programs on their certified rank order lists and did not list any preliminary positions on a supplemental rank order list will receive this message. Similarly, applicants who included only preliminary programs on their certified rank order lists will receive this statement. The matching algorithm considers an applicant "matched" if he/she lists only one program type on his/her certified rank order list. Applicants who receive this message will not have access to the Dynamic List of Unfilled Programs that is posted on Tuesday of Match Week.

2. Congratulations, you have matched to an advanced position but not a first year position!

This message will be displayed for any applicant who matched to an advanced position but did not match to a preliminary position listed on a supplemental rank order list. Applicants who receive this message will have access to the Dynamic List of Unfilled Programs and are eligible to participate in the post-Match Scramble for unfilled positions to obtain a preliminary position; however, applicants may not use the Scramble to obtain a categorical position or a different advanced position.

3. Congratulations, you have matched to a one year position!

This message will be displayed for any applicant who matched to a preliminary position but did not match to an advanced position listed on the primary rank order list. Applicants who receive this message will have access to the Dynamic List of Unfilled Programs and are eligible to participate in the post-match Scramble for unfilled positions to obtain an advanced position; however, applicants may not use the Scramble to obtain a categorical position or a different preliminary position.

4. We are sorry, you did not match to any position!

This message will be displayed for any applicant who did not match to a program listed on either a primary or supplemental rank order list. For applicants participating as a partner of a couple, this statement also may be displayed if the applicant listed the 999999999 program code on the primary rank order list to indicate '"No Match". Applicants who receive this message will have access to the Dynamic List of Unfilled Programs and are eligible to participate in the post-Match Scramble for any category of unfilled positions.

So if you both got option #1, you are as good as gold.

That awesome. Thanks for the info. You guys have a much quicker response time than my dean's office.

Congratulations to you all!!!!!
I am happy for you! :)

-Irfan

looks like we will have to set up that toast some time soon....

I'm right there with ya.

Congrats!!

My fingers are still crossed for thursday...

I hope the good news keeps coming in.

Congrats, everyone! :love:

I matched too, and could not be happier...can't wait until Thursday!

Congrats to all!

23_28_11.gif

I'll be getting in on the fun for 2007 hopefully!

Congratulations to all of you who matched!! :D Don't be a stranger now to those of us who will still need your valued advice... :idea:

To all those who matched...CONGRATULATIONS!!! Enjoy the moment...I still remember the awesome feeling I was experiencing this time last year.

To those that didn't match...keep your chin up! Simul and Thaiger have shown that it can be done the following year with hard work and perseverence...

Congratulations, class of 2011 :)

UHS05 said:
To all those who matched...CONGRATULATIONS!!! Enjoy the moment...I still remember the awesome feeling I was experiencing this time last year.

To those that didn't match...keep your chin up! Simul and Thaiger have shown that it can be done the following year with hard work and perseverence...

qwert said:
Congratulations, class of 2011 :)

Let me offer my congratulations. P.S., I already know who matched our program.... BUT I CAN'T TELL!!!

Oh well,

you will know tomorrow...