Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Monday MCAT

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by MDee, Apr 14, 2007.

1. MDee

Medical Student
    I'm taking the MCAT on Monday, and I was wondering what you needed to bring with you to the test center, other than your I.D. Do they give you pencils, or do you bring your own? Also, is it true they stagger the MCAT takers so you never have a break together?

*sigh* 8 months of studying and worrying. Although, I've been kinda slacking the past week and not doing too intense studying, but more relaxing and mental prep. I'm ready for this to be over!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jochi1543

jochi1543 President, Gunner Central

Pre-Medical
    They will give you pencils and scratch paper. You can bring food and drink and stuff with you, but you can't take it to the test room - leave it in a locker and you can eat/drink on your breaks.

No, you take your breaks whenever you're done with the section (if you want to). You can also skip them and move on to the next section if you want. I skipped one break and finished every section at least 10 mins early, so when I was leaving for the day, some people were still working on WS.

4. gopens67

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    umm can i bring a pen, i would rather use a pen with my scratch...also im feeling sick as well, and if i void medical schools cant see it, but it only counts as one of the three test taking attempts per year correct?

Thanks,
    Oz

5. killinsound

Physician

Resident [Any Field]
    you cant bring a pen, you cant bring anything into the actual testing area. they have lockers for everything else for you to store.

6. olemissbabydoc

olemissbabydoc Baby Doctor
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    same here. 11 months. I'm just ready for it to be DONE!!

7. Funky

Funky This space is for sale

Pre-Medical
    holy, 11 months is an insanely long amount of studying
    good luck :luck: