Money money money

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JakeMUSC

D3
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tuition?!
I was looking at Busupshot83's Dental Stats website, and didnt realize the massive gaps that exist between many schools in tuition fees. I found it amazing that my school (S.C.) whose 4 year instate tuition is about $55,619, is about a 6th of the 4 year tuition at NYU which is about $294,871. I dont mind paying the least amount of money in the country for a dental education( :laugh: ), but...something just doesnt add up. weird....

Members don't see this ad.

Consider yourself lucky to attend a school that won't cost you an arm and a leg... :D

JakeMUSC said:
Tuition?!
I was looking at Busupshot83's Dental Stats website, and didnt realize the massive gaps that exist between many schools in tuition fees. I found it amazing that my school (S.C.) whose 4 year instate tuition is about $55,619, is about a 6th of the 4 year tuition at NYU which is about $294,871. I dont mind paying the least amount of money in the country for a dental education( :laugh: ), but...something just doesnt add up. weird....

In reality most dental schools do cost as much overall to operate as some of the private ones out there. Simply put, education at all levels is a costly venture. The reason why residents at state schools don't feel the pinch as much is because the state, and often the federal government too, subsidize and help fund their public schools. Private schools are self-sufficient and must shift a lot of the cost onto the student, which is why they are usually a lot more expensive.

I hear you, UNLV being a newer school has a higher tuition for the first year then your 4 years at S.C. *rolling my eyes*