money question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DWD2001

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
whats up people. so im relatively new to sdn (this is my first post) so im not sure if this has been addressed elsewhere but heres the question. is it possible to tactfully talk to a school you'd like to go to and mention a scholarship received from another school to try and get some money from the new school? right now im deciding between two schools, one of which offered money, and the other didn't. needless to say, my parents are hugely in favor of the school offering money and i think i would be happy at both but am leaning toward the one without money. any thoughts on how one would go about this? thanks for all input

Members don't see this ad.

whats up people. so im relatively new to sdn (this is my first post) so im not sure if this has been addressed elsewhere but heres the question. is it possible to tactfully talk to a school you'd like to go to and mention a scholarship received from another school to try and get some money from the new school? right now im deciding between two schools, one of which offered money, and the other didn't. needless to say, my parents are hugely in favor of the school offering money and i think i would be happy at both but am leaning toward the one without money. any thoughts on how one would go about this? thanks for all input

sure what do you have to lose...dont be arrogant about but if dont correctly it should be fine

I was able to do this and the school I really wanted to go to countered with a scholarship that was 4 times larger. I just told them I really liked their school the best but money was also a big factor and X school had offered me this much.

When do school's offer their merit scholarships? Does it come with the acceptance letter or does it come later on with the financial aid letter? I'm talking about merit scholarships.