Money/scholarship aside, why did you apply for HPSP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toastybread

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what made you apply for HPSP. Obviously the scholarship part was crucial, but money aside, what other reasons did you have? How did you family members/significant others deal with it?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering what made you apply for HPSP. Obviously the scholarship part was crucial, but money aside, what other reasons did you have? How did you family members/significant others deal with it?

I hope this is not for your motivational statement. For me it was simply to serve my country and to be part of many men who have done so. I see it as a challenge and an opportunity for personal growth. Personally I think if everyone does some kind of mandatory military/community oriented service during their lifetime like many other countries in the world, it would do more good than harm for the society (especially young people). Secondly, it was to follow the tradition of many family members who served in the military. Also, the opportunity for quality residency training and job security immediately out of school.

i chose to sign up for the scholarship for the following reasons (whether or not i get it in the end is a diff. story :) )

having the opportunity to serve and do my part, top notch training, the $$ for school, having the opportunity to see diff parts of the country and the world

and if you decide to leave after your hpsp obligation, i'm sure that you will not have that much of a difficult time securing a job as an associate.