Month and a Half till MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cjfarrell21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have about 1.5 months till I sit for my final MCAT. I haven't taken a practice test in two weeks (full time employment and Thanksgiving has made it tough), but I finished content review last week and am wondering what I could possibly do to raise my score a few points (aiming for a 30)? My goal is to do 4 passages from each subject (using TPR passages) and then review the mistakes. Any other suggestions?
Quick thing to note, I only have about 4 hours of quality studying I can do per night after work before my brain turns off and nothing sticks
AAMC #3: 10P, 9V, 8B- 27
AAMC #4: 9P, 8V, 9B- 26

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like your main problem is BS. Thankfully, this is the easiest section to do better on. You need to grind that content review and those questions. Get the EK bio and o-chem books, along with EK 1001 for o-chem only. (some people like TPRH bio, never tried it, avoid TBR for bio). Make flashcards. Study them daily.

I got a 14 in BS using the above strategy, but I am a Ph.D candidate in a biology-related field. Your mileage may vary.

Looks like your main problem is BS. Thankfully, this is the easiest section to do better on. You need to grind that content review and those questions. Get the EK bio and o-chem books, along with EK 1001 for o-chem only. (some people like TPRH bio, never tried it, avoid TBR for bio). Make flashcards. Study them daily.

I got a 14 in BS using the above strategy, but I am a Ph.D candidate in a biology-related field. Your mileage may vary.

I will look into that thanks! It's weird since I majored in bio, but I think the part I struggled with most was adapting to the passages.

Any advice for the PS or VR section?