Moonlighting Psychiatry NYC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moonlightingjobsNYC

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
2 weekends a month 8 hr shifts, ave 15-18 patients per day in outpatient psychiatry office in the Bronx. Needs medical license and DEA.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
$200 per day?

The going rate for an attending at Jacobi is like $160 an hour, so I don't know where $200 comes from. Looking for a resident who is interested in learning and working 2 weekends a month. Patient's are adult and child, all sessions have direct supervision.

Lol, only the truly desperate would do this.

The going rate for an attending at Jacobi is like $160 an hour, so I don't know where $200 comes from. Looking for a resident who is interested in learning and working 2 weekends a month. Patient's are adult and child, all sessions have direct supervision.

Good luck with that lol

FYI NYCH&H is paying $200 in Queens close to 7 train exit for outpatient adult only. Several non-profits are paying $225-$250 for fellowship trained. If you are aiming to hire fellows for child, and maybe you can get residents, and pay $160 you'll get lots of turn over for low quality work. It's your call. And no, Jacobi attendings are not getting $160 an hour. No idea where you get that from. Last I checked Jacobi ER is paying $200 overnight, rest are staff salaried. Now if you move your office to Manhattan, might get away with more. Just providing info, don't shoot the messenger.

FYI NYCH&H is paying $200 in Queens close to 7 train exit for outpatient adult only. Several non-profits are paying $225-$250 for fellowship trained. If you are aiming to hire fellows for child, and maybe you can get residents, and pay $160 you'll get lots of turn over for low quality work. It's your call. And no, Jacobi attendings are not getting $160 an hour. No idea where you get that from. Last I checked Jacobi ER is paying $200 overnight, rest are staff salaried. Now if you move your office to Manhattan, might get away with more. Just providing info, don't shoot the messenger.

$200 that is overnight rate, what is the weekend day rate. Also all the salariesyour quoting are for board certified attending that can get on insurance panels, not residents. I already spoke to several residents who told me they are getting paid $70-80 hr doing more demanding work. You don't really have ur facts straight. But please post opportunities for residents to get paid $130-200 dollars.

Reactions: 1 user
The gauntlet has been thrown, we shall await the response!

Also all the salariesyour quoting are for board certified attending that can get on insurance panels, not residents.
I have never seen a moonlighting job where there was a different rate for residents. Which makes sense since moonlighting entails doing attending work, even if you're still actually in residency.

$200 that is overnight rate, what is the weekend day rate. Also all the salariesyour quoting are for board certified attending that can get on insurance panels, not residents. I already spoke to several residents who told me they are getting paid $70-80 hr doing more demanding work. You don't really have ur facts straight. But please post opportunities for residents to get paid $130-200 dollars.

Fair point. Apologize if I misunderstood. Yes all numbers quoted are for attendings only. (And for an above poster, no resident moonlighting opportunities are generally limited and not well paid.) If you want specifically to recruit residents I think you can get away with a lower rate. But be warned 1) quality highly variable 2) you'll put in a lot of extra work to supervise 3) they will drop out randomly. I'm just giving you the going rate for board certified (sometimes eligible) attendings in the area for moonlighting that's consistent and reasonable quality. Though, still I suspect very few child fellows will see children at $120. Not clear if it's legal/medmal covered for adult residents to see children, unless you want to co-sign all their notes. I hope you thought this one through...

Jacobi (which is part of NYH&HC) doesn't have day time hourly moonlight weekend staffing as far as I know--in fact, it is not be legal for them to hire union labor on Weekends without paying exorbitant overtime. Could've changed, haven't had a call from recruiter from there in the last six month. Northwell in deep Queens now is paying $225 an hour for overnight ER coverage. Last six months all the recruiter calls for locum are $200+. I guarantee you you'll have a hard time finding a board certified at even $160 in the boroughs... especially Bronx, where you basically must have a car. Nobody's gonna work on weekends but get paid LESS than what they get during the week...

Last edited:
Looking for a colleague. In psych fellowship, wants to moonlight in NYC! Where's the best place to start looking? Any direct contacts or leads they can call and speak with directly? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Looking for a colleague. In psych fellowship, wants to moonlight in NYC! Where's the best place to start looking? Any direct contacts or leads they can call and speak with directly? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

There are more Locum, and moonlighting opportunities in the nyc area than probably the whole country. Queens, bronx, manhattan, staten island, unlimited. If you go to one of the locum companies, they will have their own, that they recruit for, you can pick and choose. locumtenens, etc.

There are more Locum, and moonlighting opportunities in the nyc area than probably the whole country. Queens, bronx, manhattan, staten island, unlimited. If you go to one of the locum companies, they will have their own, that they recruit for, you can pick and choose. locumtenens, etc.

Any direct contacts at facilities? Personally, I've used locums twice before and it was a miserable experience each time. My colleague and I prefer to bypass this route even if it means taking less $ ... Suggestions?