moonlighting state rules/laws

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TMZ2007

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like I remember :confused: seeing a list of each state with the required number of residency years that a IMG resident must work before they are allowed to moonlight. Has anyone seen this list? Can you direct me to a website where I can review this information? I'm trying to avoid looking up the medical board rules/laws info for all 50 states......

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like I remember :confused: seeing a list of each state with the required number of residency years that a IMG resident must work before they are allowed to moonlight. Has anyone seen this list? Can you direct me to a website where I can review this information? I'm trying to avoid looking up the medical board rules/laws info for all 50 states......

Just to clarify, the required number of years is for eligiblity for an unrestricted medical license, which most moonlighting jobs require you to have (ie, you don't need a certain # of years to moonlight, but rather to get the license). If in a state which requires 3 years, but you live near a state which requires less and can moonlight there, that might be a consideration.