Moonlighting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Plinko

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone direct me to a website that has any information on hospitals interested in having EM residents moonlight? I've done a bunch of Google and SDN searches but have come up with nothing. Short of calling all the rural hospitals' HR departments in my state I have very few ideas about how to find the moonlighting jobs in my area. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Talk to your former residents. They should be able to help. There are multiple opportunities and it doesn't just have to be a rural hospital. For example the VA is a great place to moonlight here in Detroit and it is literally right around the corner from my home hospital. Local contacts are going to be your best bet.

I'll second that. Talk to the class ahead of you as well as your classmates to find out where people are moonlighting. Some places will contact your PD with opportunities for residents, so your PD may be worth talking to as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone direct me to a website that has any information on hospitals interested in having EM residents moonlight?

What program are you at? If you're in Texas, I may have a couple of suggestions.

Take care,
Jeff

Agree with taking the advice of previous residents...

Residents (and even a couple of attendings) from my program made up a huge part of the staff at a hospital when I was in residency.

I was treated really well by the megagroup ECI (not an ad, just the only one I've ever worked with) when I was moonlighting. Be sure to look through the old threads regarding considerations like malpractice too.