More COMLEX PE Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FlyingShamu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A few miscellaneous questions for those who have taken the test, or just know more about it than I do:

-when do you wash your hands- before you shake, or before the physical exam? or both?

-could there be pediatric cases, patient accompanied by family member, or phone interviews?

-for the plan, you write diagnostic workups along with pain control, medication, omm, follow-up appts etc...right? (I've been reading the USMLE book that ONLY lists diagnostic tests, so just want to be sure)

-any recommendations on where to eat near the residence inn and is traffic bad getting from airport to residence inn/testing center?

-ladies- what did you wear- skirt or pants? nice blouse, or strictly button ups?

Members don't see this ad.

A few miscellaneous questions for those who have taken the test, or just know more about it than I do:

-when do you wash your hands- before you shake, or before the physical exam? or both?

Before the physical exam only. I used the foam sanitizer

-could there be pediatric cases, patient accompanied by family member, or phone interviews?

No infant/toddler/adolescent patients. Had one patient who was in high school but the actor was over 18. All the actors have to be 18 or older.

-for the plan, you write diagnostic workups along with pain control, medication, omm, follow-up appts etc...right? (I've been reading the USMLE book that ONLY lists diagnostic tests, so just want to be sure)

Yes I would write any meds, any necessary OMM, diagnostic tests, follow up visits. I would also write something to the akin of "if problem X continues to persist, consider consultation to X specialty." For meds, I wouldn't say "antibiotic". I would say pencillin, macrolide, fluoroquinolone, etc. For diagnostic tests I would say CBC, BMP, CMP, TSH, CXR, RUQ US, etc. Be specific so the grader knows why you order the test.

I never wrote down the diagnosis of my osteopathic exam findings. I would just write myofascial release, sinus effleurage. I passed.

-any recommendations on where to eat near the residence inn and is traffic bad getting from airport to residence inn/testing center?

I named my price on priceline and got a hotel for about $80 that was 15-20 minutes away. I can't comment on getting from the airport to the testing center since I drove.

-ladies- what did you wear- skirt or pants? nice blouse, or strictly button ups?

Well I'm a guy so I can't contribute much other than saying the women in my group wore both.