DocRugby

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
I hadn't noticed the incomplete/complete thing until the SDN thread about it, but I have been checking https://medweb.med.harvard.edu/finaidapp to see if i can log in. It says accepted students should be able to log in using their SSN and AMCAS ID. For the record, I applied only to HST, am 'complete' and can't login (so it looks like my Harvard dreams may be hashed). Someone else see if they can login, preferably other complete/incomplete people, maybe we can solve two mysteries at once.

housemd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status
DocRugby said:
I hadn't noticed the incomplete/complete thing until the SDN thread about it, but I have been checking https://medweb.med.harvard.edu/finaidapp to see if i can log in. It says accepted students should be able to log in using their SSN and AMCAS ID. For the record, I applied only to HST, am 'complete' and can't login (so it looks like my Harvard dreams may be hashed). Someone else see if they can login, preferably other complete/incomplete people, maybe we can solve two mysteries at once.
damn

leaft

10+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I can login!!
and my status was incomplete.
i really hope that this does mean something good!!

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
DocRugby said:
As a complete, I'm with ya'.

Can't log in.

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
leaft said:
I can login!!
So the code has been cracked.

Congrats on what is most likely to be an acceptance!

Sparky Man

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2004
Status
Medical Student
leaft said:
I can login!!
Hey, I'm incomplete and can't login!!

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
Sparky Man said:
Hey, I'm incomplete and can't login!!
WTF!!!

Just when I thought that I had this figured out...

This is all so crazy!

Are you sure you used the right combination of your AAMCAS ID and SSN?

PIN = AAMCAS ID
Student ID = SSN

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
housemd said:
its funny to know the rejection before you actually get it.
Ahh...my glass is always half empty. Never half full. :laugh:

leaft

10+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i need a letter to stop this madness.
and the worst part is that i'm going out of the country for 14 days on wednesday.
i wonder what the chances are that a letter will go from boston to new york overnight?

this is really getting to me!

Sparky Man

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2004
Status
Medical Student
Tra La La said:
WTF!!!

Just when I thought that I had this figured out...

This is all so crazy!

Are you sure you used the right combination of your AAMCAS ID and SSN?

PIN = AAMCAS ID
Student ID = SSN
Hey Tra La La,

I made sure I entered the correct info. It won't let me in! Waitlisted???

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
Sparky Man said:
Hey Tra La La,

I made sure I entered the correct info. It won't let me in! Waitlisted???
All this waiting is going give me an ulcer. :laugh:

OP
D

DocRugby

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
haha, if this all works out, I claim complete credit and anyone that gets in if i don't must bow before me as I spend the next four years at the WONDERFUL university of wisconsin

- Couple of grand slammers and the Brew Crew is right back in this one!
Bob Uecker, bottom of eighth in a game the Brewers are losing 8-0

Sparky Man

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2004
Status
Medical Student
Tra La La said:
All this waiting is going give me an ulcer. :laugh:
What at trip!!! I can't believe how crazy this has become!!!!! :scared: :confused:

leaft

10+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
DocRugby said:
haha, if this all works out, I claim complete credit and anyone that gets in if i don't must bow before me as I spend the next four years at the WONDERFUL university of wisconsin

- Couple of grand slammers and the Brew Crew is right back in this one!
Bob Uecker, bottom of eighth in a game the Brewers are losing 8-0
DocRugby,
thank you if you are correct.
but all of this has made me really crazy.

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
Sparky Man said:
What at trip!!! I can't believe how crazy this has become!!!!! :scared: :confused:
You can never be certain with the "3-5 business days" warning that's up on the HMS website, but here's what I think...if no "completes" can log in to the financial aid website, then "completeness" = rejection.

"Incompletes" are probably w/l and acceptances. This confirms all of our earlier speculations.

WOLFGANG

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2005
Status
I agree. My roommate, who is incomplete, tried to log on yesterday and could not. They tried today and now is able to log onto the financial aid site. Fingers crossed!

CalicoKat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2004
Status
Hmm...I'm incomplete and was able to log into financial aid...I'm still not sure I'm convinced that we can count our chickens as yet...

i77ac

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2003
Sunny California
Visit site
Status
RunMimi said:
Okay, I vowed never to post on SDN again, but here I am breaking my vow after only like 5 days! ::sigh::

Anyways, HMS has got me absolutely sick to my stomach. Here's my theory (I'm incomplete and can log in to finaid). Keep in mind I'm being optimistic.

The finaid site, "If you have not yet been admitted to Harvard Medical School, you cannot access this system." Therefore, if you can log in, you are accepted. If you can't log in and are incomplete, you have not YET been accepted. If you can't log in and are complete, its a bad night. :(
what if I CAN log in, and am complete, but NEVER INTERVIEWED?? :laugh:

bunnyhop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2004
Status
incomplete
can log in
hst/np

can't help but be excited!
but nothing's for sure until that letter!!
:eek:

Sparky Man

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2004
Status
Medical Student
WOLFGANG said:
I agree. My roommate, who is incomplete, tried to log on yesterday and could not. They tried today and now is able to log onto the financial aid site. Fingers crossed!
Damn!!! Hopefully I'll be able to log in sometime soon!

palmiscious

10+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2005
Status
incomplete, can log in (!), NP only. this is way too crazy. we'll see when the mail comes next week... but I can't help but be hopeful.

sven

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2004
Status
Sparky Man said:
Damn!!! Hopefully I'll be able to log in sometime soon!
I'm in the same boat...incomplete, but can't log on. Oh well! The feeling was nice while it lasted...

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
i77ac said:
what if I CAN log in, and am complete, but NEVER INTERVIEWED?? :laugh:
For reals? Or are you just kidding?

Either way, that's hella funny! :laugh:

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
So no "completes" who have interviewed can log in?

We all know what this means. :rolleyes:

For me, four more years in sunny CA.

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
i77ac said:
im serious. does this mean i'm accepted w/o interview? DAMN! i knew i was good, but not this good!
You never know... :)

GuyLaroche

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Status
i77ac said:
im serious. does this mean i'm accepted w/o interview? DAMN! i knew i was good, but not this good!

I am all for joking, but this is Harvard we're talking about. No jokes please. Now, what exactly is your situation?

kgm4

nomad
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Status
i77ac said:
wow. thanks, i77ac. you made me laugh so hard, and i really needed that. :laugh: perhaps there is still hope?

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
i77ac said:
Are you super sure you can log in?

Weird.

CarleneM

patent pending
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2004
Watertown, MA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
hey, i'm incomplete/np and can log in. i guess if that one guy is serious and can log in but has already been rejected than that is pretty meaningless though....

Sparky Man

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2004
Status
Medical Student
GuyLaroche said:
I am all for joking, but this is Harvard we're talking about. No jokes please. Now, what exactly is your situation?
Hey Laroche, I knew you had some hope left in you...

GuyLaroche

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Status
CarleneM said:
hey, i'm incomplete/np and can log in. i guess if that one guy is serious and can log in but has already been rejected than that is pretty meaningless though....
I think the guy was joking. Besides, one sample cannot throw off a whole trend in the data. I am moving to declare myself, and all other completes, rejected. Unless of course there is a chance of the status page being 3-4 business days behind.... Unlikely.

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
Jeez...this is Harvard.

Why can't they get their **** together?

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
GuyLaroche said:
I think the guy was joking. Besides, one sample cannot throw off a whole trend in the data. I am moving to declare myself, and all other completes, rejected. Unless of course there is a chance of the status page being 3-4 business days behind.... Unlikely.
Either way, I'm rooting for you and all the other "completes" unable to log in.

brothersboff

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
Status
For what it's worth, I'm incomplete, NP, and can't log on. There seem to be several incompletes who can't log on though, so I wonder if that truly means waitlisted for us (of course I'm biased in that question). Hopefully as more people post it will become clear if that means W/L or just means that they haven't updated everyone's info yet...

Of course, there still is the chance this means nothing, though it's looking less likely all the time.

i77ac

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2003
Sunny California
Visit site
Status
Tra La La said:
Are you super sure you can log in?

Weird.
Yes, I'm sure. I just tried again and logged on. I would give you my info but I can't since SSN# shouldn't be shared. Anyway, who knows whatever this means...

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
Who else thinks that Harvard needs to get its **** together? :laugh:

Sure, this is nerve bending...but I've gotten some loud laughs out of all this as well.

CarleneM

patent pending
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2004
Watertown, MA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i77ac said:
Yes, I'm sure. I just tried again and logged on. I would give you my info but I can't since SSN# shouldn't be shared. Anyway, who knows whatever this means...
this is totally bizarre then...hey are you "complete" on the status page i77ac? Also, are there two available documents to fill out at the bottom, both dated 3/4?

kgm4

nomad
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Status
brothersboff said:
For what it's worth, I'm incomplete, NP, and can't log on. There seem to be several incompletes who can't log on though, so I wonder if that truly means waitlisted for us (of course I'm biased in that question). Hopefully as more people post it will become clear if that means W/L or just means that they haven't updated everyone's info yet...

Of course, there still is the chance this means nothing, though it's looking less likely all the time.
since i am incomplete and could not log in, i may be reaching but according to LRmed2003, even those waitlisted are sent financial aid forms. if this is still true, shouldn't those waitlisted still be able to log on? also given that someone's incomplete friend could not log on yesterday and could today, those who can't log on may not be updated yet?

to quote LRmed2003 from the it's march thread, "when i was waitlisted at HMS 2 application cycles ago, it came as a large package...with financial aid forms, etc, etc, etc in it...pretty thick as i remember,,,plus seeing as it still sits on my desk..lol..but hoping for better news this time..."

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
As a complete, I have lost hope.

But that's ok. It seems that most of the SDN "superstars" can log in and are incomplete. This week will tell for sure, but I want to offer pre-congrats to everyone who will be receiving HMS love this week!

Sparky Man

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2004
Status
Medical Student
I can't believe the drama!!! I never imagined anything like this. I thought SND was addicting before...now it's totally out of hand!

I love it.

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
CheckMate said:
Completes, well, as Runmimi says, this is a bad night.
Thanks! :thumbup: :laugh: :thumbup:

ellia08

Medicine + Math = Awesome
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2004
the lab! yay!
Status
Medical Student
Have any HST-only people sucessfully logged in to the financial aid page?

kgm4

nomad
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Status
brs23 said:
OK...not to lend fuel to the fire of speculation, but:

two pages say the financial aid package is accessible to current and admitted students only:

1. the login page
2. this page leading to the login page http://www.hms.harvard.edu/finaid/html/links.html

The PDF financial aid booklet available once you log in says that in march, financial aid materials will be mailed to accepted students. edit: says mailings will be sent to both accepted and waitlisted students on the financial aid site.
oh well. i tried. i can accept my waitlist. it sure does make the decision a ton easier. congrats to all those accepted!

ellia08

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2004
the lab! yay!
Status
Medical Student
CheckMate said:
ellia08--can you log in successfully?

nope :( :(

but my thread of hope is that perhaps they havent updated HST stuff(irrational I know) but hey irrational and neurotic happens :). Plus I'm still hopefull about being incomplete and the idea that some couldnt log in yesterday and can now.

ellia08

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2004
the lab! yay!
Status
Medical Student
anyway, I CANNOT BELIEVE that all that rampant speculation could actually be true. I am in total shock.

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
CheckMate said:
are you guys entering your SSN with or without dashes?
yes I'm actually serious :D
W/O

But if you do put in dashes, it gives you this big fat error.

:luck:

Sparky Man

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2004
Status
Medical Student
this has got to go down as one of the weirdest things in sdn history.

no more anxiety for tonight, though, i'm going to bed... :sleep: