More important for 1st semester of my senior year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Luelinks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking 17 credits now, working in a lab and on campus for 20+ hours a week, and volunteering 4 hours a week. The problem with my schedule isn't time but rather that I disappointingly didn't do so well on the first test in one of my classes (Bio department).

I don't need the class at all, but took it cause it sounded interesting. Should I drop it and be at 14 credit hours with a high likely hood of a (semester) 3.8+ GPA, or keep it maybe making a B+, to get a sub-3.8 GPA at 17 credits?

Thank you for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have a history of Ws?

If not... drop the class. It'll be better for your sanity.

Nope, so far none. In the mean time I could use that time to study for the MCAT I'll take in January! hah.

Members don't see this ad :)
CodeBlu. How do 2 W's look if they aren't pre-req courses or any course relevant to science? I have great reasons for all of them, but I feel as though they would screen out my application over someone with the same GPA as me with no W's.

actually I'll be @ 13 credits. What do I do??

Isn't it a little early in the semester to drop drop and get a W if you do drop? My school has an oct. 31 deadline for no grade penalty to drop...

Isn't it a little early in the semester to drop drop and get a W if you do drop? My school has an oct. 31 deadline for no grade penalty to drop...

Friday is the last day for a no-penalty drop. I really would rather study for the MCAT in space of this class. It's hard enough to find time to do anything already.