More Important for 2015 MCAT: Content Review or Practice Tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

remedy23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read a lot of posts of how the 2015 MCAT seems more content based (considering the AAMC Practice FL), with a significant emphasis on amino acids, psychology terms, etc. and less emphasis on critical thinking and taking information from the passage.

From those who have taken the 2015 AAMC Practice FL or the actual exam, did you find this to be true? Is the 2015 MCAT in your opinion, a simpler but longer version of the old MCAT with more emphasis on knowing your stuff? Also, the 2015 FLs seem hit and miss for some people, so what seems more important: Content or Practice FLs? I know for the old exam, practice FLs were emphasized, but with the new one, we don't really know what to expect.

Members don't see this ad.

You need both to succeed. The MCAT will test both what you know and how you can interpret and apply information given to you. However, even with the addition of psych and soc, I still think the MCAT is more of a critical thinking test than a recall test. FLs are important for building stamina, simulating testing conditions, and identifying weak spots.

Reactions: 2 users