more is better?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssd

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is the feeling here in terms of the length of essay responses? i had been writing my essays with the mindset of providing as much information as possible in the allotted space. however, there is a doctor that i work with that used to be on the adcomm at ucla. he said that they always liked responses that were direct and succinct. he was turned off by the length of some of my responses that i showed him.

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard the same thing from adcom members. After reading the number of essays they do, many tend to become long winded. Quality is preferred over quantity.

I agree to the previous post about being direct and to the point. More is not neccessarily better and being able to get your message accross without beating around the bush speaks volumes to the admissions committee who are bombared enough as it is. Some of my essays have been the entire length but most are probably 3/5 to 3/4 the max length.