1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

More Movement from the Waitlist this Year in May or June?!?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by NUgirl, May 31, 2002.

1. NUgirl

NUgirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Doesn't most movement usually occur in May? This year seems slow and I hope that it's cause the applicaton process was so messed up!

So does everyone think most movement will be in May (which is pretty much over now) or June? I sincerely hope June!!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. superdood68

superdood68 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i would say june, definitely, because the schools need some time sorting out withdrawls and such in may. don't worry, things have just begun!! (i hope there's a lot of movement in all schools this year) haha. =)

4. Adi Prasad

Adi Prasad Member
    7+ Year Member

Waitlists can move up until the last day of class. I had a friend last year that got two acceptances in the first week of July and many that got them later. One friend at UCLA Med was called with an acceptance the friday before classes started in August. Don't sweat it, there is time. I am in the waitlist purgatory as well. Good luck.

5. NUgirl

NUgirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I really hope you're both right! I hope that the lists start REALLY picking up in June!!!! Good luck to you guys too. :)

6. whoanelly

whoanelly Member
    7+ Year Member

There's lots of room for hope. From a Stanford website cited frequently in these threads, these are the #'s of offers made AFTER May (in 2000, but it was not an atypical year) for certain schools in their consortium:

Case Western--22
    Chicago--28
    Columbia--13
    Cornell--27
    Duke--10
    Harvard--14
    Hopkins--58
    Penn--38
    Pittsburgh--25
    Rochester--40
    Stanford--8
    Washington--20
    So, presumably, everyone else has considerable movement after May, too

7. LizardKing

LizardKing Veteran Member
    7+ Year Member

I heard from the Director of Admissions at Yale that this year is all messed up in terms of waitlists. A lot of students are still holding onto multiple acceptances, stuff like that. He said it's really hard to predict any type of yield this year, and most movement will not occur until at least mid-June.

Because of a carry over effect from AMCAS delays, expect a slight delay in waitlist movement.