More new AMCAS info....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow I only waited 7 minutes on hold.
Anyway here is the scoop on some of the questions we all have been having.

1. The date processed N/A on the top right hand side of the first page of our appl will always say N/A. She said that will never change and to disregard it. The computer program for that part is not in their systems. It was used last year.

2. It is taking 4 to 6 weeks to process. I submitted June27 and she said mine would be coming up for processing soon. The ones from the first week June 21 were almost all done.

3. the certification/submission info changes to "change notification process" when they start actually, physically working on your application. This is when the symbols in the grades and courses columns start to appear.

4. If you add grades after you submit you must get another transcript and mail it to them with the new grades. If the grades aren't ready you must ask your school to write a letter on their school letterhead paper and mail that to AMCAS saying that the grades are being processed. Then you send them the new transcript when it is ready.

5. If your grades don't match exactly to your transcripts then they will put your appl on hold and eamil you with the problem.

It seems to be rolling along. :D :cool: :D :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Everything you stated sounds correct except for #1. I have a date processed listed as 7/21 and it has not changed since.

I know some other people who also have the date processed listed on their app.

Thanks for all the info...it's reassuring

Members don't see this ad :)
AMy BEth, wrt the grades, I have two summer courses in which I got an A and a B+ (genetics and cell bi, respectively). The genetics course will not be on my transcript till Aug 10 and cell bi won't be on till Aug 31. On my AMCAS app I have left it as a current/future course work so I didn't input a grade. I called AMCAS last week and they said they have received that transcript but have not entered it into the comp. Do you think I should add the two grades onto my app and do you think it'll delay my app if I don't?

I spoke to AMCAS today and received essentially the same info that Amy Beth got. The lady that I spoke to was really nice and helpful.

Moo,
If you leave your grades as current or future it won't hold up your appl. However if you input the grades then AMCAS must have a new transcript with the new grades, or a letter from your school saying the grades are being processed. I would have waited until my appl had been sent to the schools and then sent them a supplementary, but my new grades rose my GPA and were heavy duty bio classes, so it was important to me to get my grades on there.

You might be in the same boat as me, with good science courses that you earned good grades in.

I am getting a transcript from my school this week and express mailing it to AMCAS with attention: transcript department. She said I must get it there asap because they would be processing my appl very soon. If they process beofre it arrives they will put my appl on hold and she said I didn't want that to happen. She said delays aren't good. Of course we all on this list know that dodn't we.
:rolleyes: