more on Ireland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jimjones

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Atlantic Bridge when we can expect any decisions. They stated that desicions went out in April, but last year people were hearing early March. Does anyone know anymore than this?

Does anyone have any idea which of the 4 schools they'd attend and why?

Members don't see this ad.

All I know is what they told us...that we could expect to hear back in late March/April.

Besides the fact that we won't know about RCSI acceptance cuz it's based on interviews as well (which take place in the summer), I would choose Trinity College. I have many friends there from when I spent my junior year abroad there and the grounds are spectacular. Their facilities are also top-notch. As a med student, you'd have classes / labs in a modern science building with pristing and spacious labs, as well as very antiquated buildings. It's really cool to have your Anatomy classes in the Anatomy building (yes, they have a building labeled "Anatomy" etched in stone above the doorway) and the inside is wooden like you see of old anatomy classrooms in your text books :wink: TCD is a dominant research university as well.

RCSI also has excellent facilities and faculty, but the reason I wouldn't choose it is because it's smaller than TCD, as it is just a medical school. Trinity has much more of a university culture just because it's larger and incorporates a wide variety of disciplines. A lot more sports clubs and extracurriculars to choose from. There's a great campus bar. The gym facilities kinda suck though :) . Plus, from what I've heard, Trinity is cheaper.

University College Dublin is also very good, although a little less profile than Trinity and RCSI. Trinity is known as a bit of a posh school (rich, snobby) but it isn't all that much although there are people going around with prada backpacks.

I don't know much about UCC, but people from Cork in general are very nice.

Also realize that I'm slightly biased because I spent my time at Trinity and really fell in love with it, and didn't really spend a whole lot of time on the other campuses.