Cavity-110

2+ Year Member
May 31, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey guys.

So I have been studying for the past 2 months and started taking practice tests this past week. I've attached an image of the scores I'm getting on BC. I'm aiming for a 21 on every section.

I was wondering if I should take the rest of my practice exams or focus more on reviewing the ones I've taken and hitting my weak spots. For those of you who have taken the DAT, what do you think was more helpful leading up to the exam?

Thanks.

Attachments

artist2022

yes, I'm a girl
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student
I took mine Wednesday, got 25AA/24TS and the thing that helped me the most is taking lots of tests. But, I did make sure I reviewed all answers, whether I got them right or not. I didn't take notes, I just read the solutions and thought about why I got it wrong, and how I would make sure I wouldn't get it wrong next time. Hope this helps :)

Jul 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
I mean you're still 10 days out. There's still plenty of time to learn. I would say keep learning things you think are manageable for you to learn given the time you have until a few days out, then just review all of your notes/what you have learned. Take a practice section or two everyday for the next few days but just to learn the questions you see.
For the last few days after reviewing the stuff you've learned, take practice sections. But a FULL practice test every day would be excessive. do maybe 3 sections a day leading up to your exam, and if you need to set aside a date to do a full length just to expose yourself to it.

Reactions: Cavity-110

FeralisExtremum

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
May 17, 2008
Status
Dental Student
With 10 days, I'd be doing both. Spend half your time on practice tests and reviewing your errors (and the answer choices you didn't recognize) but spend the other half of that time continuing your content review (at this point so close to the test that content review should be mostly narrowed down to notes that you've taken). Maintaining a balance between both was critical for me in the days leading up to my exam.

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Hey guys.

So I have been studying for the past 2 months and started taking practice tests this past week. I've attached an image of the scores I'm getting on BC. I'm aiming for a 21 on every section.

I was wondering if I should take the rest of my practice exams or focus more on reviewing the ones I've taken and hitting my weak spots. For those of you who have taken the DAT, what do you think was more helpful leading up to the exam?

Thanks.[/QUOTE
There are many versions of the DAT and every student has their own unique study style. Do what works best for you. IMO at this point in your studies your time would be best spent focusing on any weak area and making it a strength. Destroy the Beast the first time.

Just my 2 cents

Nancy