More proof cmgs can be unscrupulous

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF happened to the amusing title to this thread?

OP? Were you coerced? Did the CMGs get to you?

HH
Apparently violated the TOS. Lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Mods gotta mod.
They deleted some of the language in by 4chan stream of consciousness explanation as to how I came to be 330K+ in debt as well.

That was a work of art. Big brother is watching.

Members don't see this ad :)
No. This is what happens when you work for someone else.
That's right. If you're not the boss, you're not the boss. Many of us were told early on we would have the option of joining a physician run group and have some level of autonomy. But the market has changed, but these opportunities and the autonomy is largely gone. Some of it is the landscape of Medicine changing around us. And part of it is our failure to adequately compete as businessmen and run EM groups in a competitive way. Its classic free market Darwinism. If you can run your own physician-autonomous EM group, and compete against the big box corporate groups, then you will and you'll have autonomy. If you can't, you won't and you'll have a boss that will boss you around. Medicine is getting complicated enough, most physicians have decided to trade autonomy for being able to outsource the practice management aspect to the businessmen. They've decided it's easier to deal with the grating and frustrating aspects of corporate run employment, by people blind to the plight of the physician, than it is to run their own practice. It's really, really hard, to run a multi-million dollar business. Most physicians think they're smart enough to do so, but when asked to do so, few have the skills, time or desire. It's a second full-time job, and an entirely different skill set. In some for or another, you have to have someone other than the practicing docs, do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
It was edited by mod staff because it was inappropriate and unprofessionalo_O.
I guess that's better than the OP changing it the next morning when s/he woke up hungover...but still weak sauce.
Perhaps it was "unprofessional" but it was oh so appropriate...and kinda funny. Who could complain? The CMGs?
HH

It's a violation of ToS to evade the profanity filter by intentionally misspelling words.
Just as a point of information, what in the TOS covers this? I just re-read the new, kinder, gentler version, and I don't see where that falls. I am not being contentious, but just wondering.

I guess the moderation team does not appreciate unhealthy fowl language

Last edited:
unhealthy fowl language

The concept of "unhealthy fowl language" out of context is as silly as the concept of "unhealthy foul language" out of context.

That said, if the moderators were truly editing to minimize the allusion to sexual violence -- I applaud and support them.

However, I so deeply doubt that. Rather, I suspect the TOS and the moderators intent is to void "bad" or "fowl" (intentional) words, thoughtlessly.

Praise the innocence of the children and Jesus!

HH

When I originally clicked on the thread from the new posts feed I thought the story was going to be about EMTALA violations or something. As in CMGs duck (taking care of the) sick. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Uhhh... there's generally nothing inherently violent about the spoonerism here. You must be one sick duck. Lol. This is fun.

The concept of "unhealthy fowl language" out of context is as silly as the concept of "unhealthy foul language" out of context.

That said, if the moderators were truly editing to minimize the allusion to sexual violence -- I applaud and support them.

However, I so deeply doubt that. Rather, I suspect the TOS and the moderators intent is to void "bad" or "fowl" (intentional) words, thoughtlessly.

HH

Just as a point of information, what in the TOS covers this? I just re-read the new, kinder, gentler version, and I don't see where that falls. I am not being contentious, but just wondering.
Just read it as well. This doesn't actually appear to be in the TOS. I suppose you could argue it falls under rule 2 about being courteous depending on how far you want to take it.

Uhhh... there's generally nothing inherently violent about the spoonerism here.
And that is exactly my point...context matters. There are no foul words.
...but, yes, there are some foxy fun words!
HH

That's right. If you're not the boss, you're not the boss. Many of us were told early on we would have the option of joining a physician run group and have some level of autonomy. But the market has changed, but these opportunities and the autonomy is largely gone. Some of it is the landscape of Medicine changing around us. And part of it is our failure to adequately compete as businessmen and run EM groups in a competitive way. Its classic free market Darwinism. If you can run your own physician-autonomous EM group, and compete against the big box corporate groups, then you will and you'll have autonomy. If you can't, you won't and you'll have a boss that will boss you around. Medicine is getting complicated enough, most physicians have decided to trade autonomy for being able to outsource the practice management aspect to the businessmen. They've decided it's easier to deal with the grating and frustrating aspects of corporate run employment, by people blind to the plight of the physician, than it is to run their own practice. It's really, really hard, to run a multi-million dollar business. Most physicians think they're smart enough to do so, but when asked to do so, few have the skills, time or desire. It's a second full-time job, and an entirely different skill set. In some for or another, you have to have someone other than the practicing docs, do it.
What o don’t get is there is another option. You can pay someone to do your practice management. It’s pennies compared to what the cmgs take and you maintain the control. I’ll admit I was beyond ignorant when I finished residency. These lessons don’t come easy or cheap. Luckily I had a horseshoe up my butt. Better lucky than good.

What o don’t get is there is another option. You can pay someone to do your practice management. It’s pennies compared to what the cmgs take and you maintain the control. I’ll admit I was beyond ignorant when I finished residency. These lessons don’t come easy or cheap. Luckily I had a horseshoe up my butt. Better lucky than good.
Oh, I do get it. I do pay someone to do my practice management. I'm on the board of directors of my group (EM + multispecialty) and we pay a COO, CFO and other managers to run what is a $40,000,000 company with 40+ providers and 150 employees. But you have to pay them. And you have to hire them. And you have to make sure they're running the company the way you want. And you have to hold them accountable. And you have to have the foresight, desire, time and wherewithal to do any of this. Those steps don't enact themselves. Most people are backpackers. They want a free ride and they want to complain about the ride the whole way. That's the norm.

You can hire the best practice management but what are you going to do when a CMG comes in and offers the hospital a kickback, take on money losing sites, or run their money losing hospitalist program without a stipend?

You can continue to walk off that financial cliff but eventually you will go over. The CMG has a long walk while SDG has a short walk to that cliff.

Thus you give up, sell or you cut your rate to the point where docs are going to leave to the other site in town where the CMG is paying more. You will never be able to hire anyone at such a low rate.

What is your practice management team going to do to fix this problem?

HH
You'd be wrong. We are actively trying to prevent certain malignant posters, attitudes, and wording as SDN has gotten a bad rap from adcoms and others as not being a "safe space". Hence why there's been lots of changes that many here don't catch, such as in pre-allo and others. But we have to have the same rules across the board.

You'd be wrong. We are actively trying to prevent certain malignant posters, attitudes, and wording as SDN has gotten a bad rap from adcoms and others as not being a "safe space". Hence why there's been lots of changes that many here don't catch, such as in pre-allo and others. But we have to have the same rules across the board.

Wow.
Veers was right.

Adcoms don't realize that life isn't a "safe space".
Lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Wow.
Veers was right.

Adcoms don't realize that life isn't a "safe space".
Lol.
This isn't life. Think of it like a bar. If the patrons shout at each other, fewer people get drinks. If the bartender is a prick, fewer people buy drinks.

This isn't life. Think of it like a bar. If the patrons shout at each other, fewer people get drinks. If the bartender is a prick, fewer people buy drinks.

Duly noted; but if you can't handle static on SDN because you're a snowflake, then you're... gonna have a bad time in med school and beyond.

Reactions: 2 users
People get drunk in bars, and find other people with whom to have sex. People become boisterous in bars. Fights do break out.

I don't think your example is the best.

And, you didn't answer my question about the TOS.

Is pre-allo still talking about how large of a poop hotdog they're willing to ingest in order to get in? Is it wrong to discuss the size of the poop hotdog they're going to be forced fed once they actually graduate?

While there may not be as specific passage that deals directly with invading the profanity filter this falls under the guidelines of intent. The intent of the user is to break the rules. We can argue all day long about whether that is sufficient for administrative action.

The fact of the matter is is that the profanity filter has been designed to minimize the offense to our user base (at their request) and attempts to evade that is disrespectful to them and to the owners of the site. As you know it’s impossible to list every single Trans gression so nitpicking through the terms of service looking for specific passages maybe fruitless in some cases.

Bottom line is that attempts to evade the rules, no matter how cleverly, are still worthy of administrative action

"Argue all day long", "nitpick"? Neither was my intent, not what I did. It sounds like I am being faulted for reading the TOS! That sounds rather counterintuitive.

But, thank you for the explanation! I, for one, do not try to evade the filter. If you see "****" from me, that isn't filtered. That is, literally, four stars that I typed.

That's another question: do mods see the uncensored words, or only the autocorrected ones, like the hoi polloi do?

Wow I can't believe the "safe space" thing is real here. Can we create separate "Snowflake Residency" area to keep the advertisers happy? Empty virtue signalling is the most effective way to appease the sensitive.

Reactions: 3 users
Looks folks, I'm a married father of two, and I'm not easily offended. So, I didn't find the thread title's fellatio reference offensive, just dumb.

Using outdated homophobic tropes to make your point is simply lazy and uncreative. It's also semantically wrong - when you think about it, the initial thread title suggested that your boss (the CMG) performs fellatio...not a bad job perk if you can get it.

So who's being the snowflake here? The mods who expect you to follow rules or the posters who get all butt hurt over the changing of a thread title?

If you want to call out CMGs for being predatory and harmful to patient care, do us all a favor and put a little thought & creativity into it - it's more fun than recycling insults you learned in junior high.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
just dumb.

Using outdated homophobic tropes to make your point is simply lazy and uncreative.

get all butt hurt ...?

put a little thought & creativity into it - it's more fun than recycling insults you learned in junior high.

Want to try again?
HH

I'm just guessing, but I thought it was "butt hurt", with an implication of hypocrisy.

That is just my impression, though, and I certainly might be wrong.

Oh, like "butt hurt" is homophobic?

Honest, I don't know? Maybe?

Or maybe he meant unoriginal? I suppose that's true, I could've just said "posters who get upset" instead. So, sure - I'll try again:

Looks folks, I'm a married father of two, and I'm not easily offended. So, I didn't find the thread title's fellatio reference offensive, just dumb.

Using outdated homophobic tropes to make your point is simply lazy and uncreative. It's also semantically wrong - when you think about it, the initial thread title suggested that your boss (the CMG) performs fellatio...not a bad job perk if you can get it.

So who's being the snowflake here? The mods who expect you to follow rules or the posters who get upset over the changing of a thread title?

If you want to call out CMGs for being predatory and harmful to patient care, do us all a favor and put a little thought & creativity into it - it's more fun than recycling insults you learned in junior high.

Thanks, that is better.

Last edited:
Mods gotta mod.
They deleted some of the language in by 4chan stream of consciousness explanation as to how I came to be 330K+ in debt as well.

No paranoia
Careful to all animals, never washing spiders down the plughole
Keep in contact with old friends, enjoy a drink now and then
Will frequently check credit at moral bank

No paranoia
Careful to all animals, never washing spiders down the plughole
Keep in contact with old friends, enjoy a drink now and then
Will frequently check credit at moral bank

Hole in wall.
Favors for favors.
On Sundays, ring-road supermarkets.
A pig.
In a cage.
On antibiotics.

Wow I can't believe the "safe space" thing is real here. Can we create separate "Snowflake Residency" area to keep the advertisers happy? Empty virtue signalling is the most effective way to appease the sensitive.
If each generation keeps getting progressively softer, as is the trend, it won't take too many more generations before future snowflakes leave the house and immediately disintegrate from leaving their protective safe-bubble. I'm already teaching my kids that they need to be much, much tougher than this.

Reactions: 4 users

What?! Lmao... what is homophobic about the original title? Do you believe that only homosexual couples engage in that act? When people say something is blahblah-phobic but it wasn’t remotely, it seriously seems like projection.

Honestly, we don't want to lock this. But the discussion should be about Legacy Physician Partners, and not terminology. Please.

Honestly, we don't want to lock this. But the discussion should be about Legacy Physician Partners, and not terminology. Please.
Well, to be honest, you have to be more present to slow it down or stop it.

"We're all volunteers! We can't be here all the time!" But, with the new, kinder, gentler mod paradigm, you DO have to be here. You can't have it both ways. If you want it juvenile, simple, "special", "safe place", you have to be here. If you want it natural, adult, legitimate, then don't be around. The way the natural conversation evolves seems to be in opposition to the preferred mod management. If you want to fight the natural order, you have to be present.

And, if it's not about "Legacy Physician Partners", what about if someone starts another thread, specifically, about this?

It won't go away on its own, dying from ignorance, no matter how much you want that to happen.

If this site becomes a "safe space" where you can't speak the truth because it hurts someone's feelings, then I quit.

Reactions: 10 users
Oh, like "butt hurt" is homophobic?

I guess it depends. Wade Wilson/Deadpool seemed to be a little butt hurt after celebrating International Women's Day with his girl friend.

If this site becomes a "safe space" where you can't speak the truth because it hurts someone's feelings, then I quit.
The goal with the new-ish rules isn't so much that, its this:

Good points. In regards to abrasive criticism, I'm talking about the difference between being truthful vs. truthful+rude. It's okay to give someone advice they'd might not like to hear -- it's another to deliver that same advice in a flippant, mean or sarcastic way.

I’m sorry, but when someone asks if they can do EM and not work weekends or nights, they’re going to get sarcastic answers.

Reactions: 3 users
I’m sorry, but when someone asks if they can do EM and not work weekends or nights, they’re going to get sarcastic answers.
I would suspect this isn't geared towards the specialty forums as much as the pre-med and med school sections as those (especially the former) get much more traffic.

So, wait. "Sarcasm" and "being flippant" are banned on SDN now?

It's his site, so I guess he can run it however he wants, and I agree with banning extremes, threats, vulgarity, cruelty for the sake of cruelty, and egregious unprofessionalism, but if being here means you're walking on egg shells and you're literally banning personality types and mere attitudes, then I think that's become an extreme in and off itself, then the site loses it's purpose for many.

If you can't handle a little sarcasm and a flippant wise crack now and then, I don't see how you're going to get past midnight on your first EM shift, or past your first of many drunk, psychotic, abusive patients. You definitely won't survive a single surgery call. We're all immersed in the practice of Medicine, one of the most stressful professions in existence, and for some people sarcasm, being flippant and gallows humor are their main defense mechanisms and means of coping. But we're going to ban it?

I think if the pendulum ever swings to that extreme, SDN would lose any meaningful function at that point, other than trying to achieve a bland, vanilla, mass market audience designed to maximize nothing but ad revenue alone. But it's his website, so if that's how he wants to run it, it's up to him.

Can anything retain any amount of purity, or authenticity anymore?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.