ChessMess

10+ Year Member
May 18, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Hey All

Columbia's (or is it Pritzker) application asks for the names of the three ppl they will be receiving lor's from. Me problemo is that I was planning to send more than 3.

What would you do?

1) Just put down the top 3 letters.
2) Put down the top 3 letters, but send them all.
3) Call them and whine.
4) Commit seppuku.
5) Get drunk and finish the app.

Thanks for your tips

Dave

Dov

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2006
CT
Status
Medical Student
ChessMess said:
Hey All

Columbia's (or is it Pritzker) application asks for the names of the three ppl they will be receiving lor's from. Me problemo is that I was planning to send more than 3.

What would you do?

3) Call them and whine.
4) Commit seppuku.

Thanks for your tips

Dave
They both ask for three I believe or if you have a Pre-med committee you can use that one letter. I did the latter.

OP
ChessMess

ChessMess

10+ Year Member
May 18, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Dov said:
They both ask for three I believe or if you have a Pre-med committee you can use that one letter. I did the latter.
So you just sent the one pre-med committee letter? Huh. What do you think about option 2?

About the Ads

Caristra

10+ Year Member
May 18, 2004
www.facebook.com
Status
Medical Student
Columbia told me I could send additional letters if I wanted. I askde how many would be overkill and the said probably seven. So fee; free to send six. Just put three names into the application and send the rest. I'm not sure about Pritzker.

appleluver7

10+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
ChessMess said:
Hey All

What would you do?

3) Call them and whine.
4) Commit seppuku.

Thanks for your tips

Dave
How do you know which LOR's are "Best"? Typically, you sign a waiver so you can't see the letters beforehand. Adcoms kind of think it's suspect if you didn't sign the waiver. Or did you sign the waiver and the professor's just let you write the letters yourself? Kinda diminishes the whole process as people just write about whatever they want...you could always fabricate a degree from Harvard College too I guess....

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey,

Put in the three that are required (Three academic) and then if you have any others, just send them as well. They are icing on the cake. Probably no more than five, team. That was what I was told. :luck:

As for the person asking which LOR's are "Best", I would go with how well you know the person and how much the person likes you. I know that a couple of mine will be stronger than the others, just based on the enthusiasm/kindness that the people showed me.

doxa

10+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
thanks for the post! i was struggling with the same question for a long time. they (columbia) really should make it clear on their website...

Lolita624

10+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
hey...i sent 7 letters (committee one and 6 individuals) and I got an interview invite, so I think it was okay. I think you can send as few or as many as you want to, as long as they are all worth reading :)

stoppushingit

stupid savant
10+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2006
Status
Hey All

What would you do?

3) Call them and whine.
4) Commit seppuku.

Thanks for your tips

Dave

option 4, hands down.

About the Ads