• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Akscal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 29, 2004
Status (Visible)
Anyone out there going to Morehouse School of Medicine next year, or going there now?

Heal&Teach

cogito ergo sum
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2003
adsum
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by medboy
I"m waitlisted... Hopefully, I'll be joining you!

Me too my friend. Akscal, congrats on your acceptance! :D

About the Ads

ndi_amaka

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2002
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Bayareachillin
I am also in at MSM!:thumbup:
Hey!!! I think I met you at an SNMA conference a couple yrs ago in Houston....Me and my friend were from UT-Austin.

Bayareachillin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
Status (Visible)
Prob. so. I was there. Are you going to this year's in New Orleans? I will be there.

ndi_amaka

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2002
Status (Visible)
Prob. so. I was there. Are you going to this year's in New Orleans? I will be there.

We used to IM each other on AOL for awhile...then I lost your username...you went to the Carribbeans or something and did research right?

Im not gonna be at the New Orleans thing unfortunately...too much other stuff going on.

But congrats on MSM!!! Any other places??

ndi_amaka

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2002
Status (Visible)
It was French Polynesia. Thanks, also Jefferson. Any for you?

Yup. Im gonna be in Dallas at UT-Southwestern. Pretty excited. So which one are you gonna choose?? Atlanta is on and poppin'......not that you'll have alot of time to play but hey......

Bayareachillin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
Status (Visible)
Congratulations! Just think, in 4 more years we will have MDs. Not sure on my decision yet. I am still waiting to hear back from other schools. Check your pm on this thing.

medboy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2003
Status (Visible)
does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist ? and typically, how many get off the waitlist?

novangel81

cali for life....I HOPE??
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2004
San Diego
Status (Visible)
Here I am debating whether Atlanta is that place for me. I got into Morehouse and await one more response from a school before its final. But for now I want to say hey to all my new classmates!!!!

Caligirl

About the Ads

Bayareachillin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hey caligirl...

I'm also from cali and still trying to decide btwn msm and jefferson. also on the waitlist at several uc's. r u ready for msm? is it right for u and y?

novangel81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2004
San Diego
Status (Visible)
Bayareachillin said:
Hey caligirl...

I'm also from cali and still trying to decide btwn msm and jefferson. also on the waitlist at several uc's. r u ready for msm? is it right for u and y?

Is anyone ever really ready for what medical school brings???? :) But I had a great experience when I went out to Atlanta. I have a lot of friends that attend schools out there and I know a couple of people at Morehouse alone. If I do not get into a Cali school Morehouse is definitely the place for me. I loved it there. I loved the family environment which is what definitely has kept that smile on my face. I think leaving my family in Cali will be the hardest part about the move...but if Morehouse is tha plce for me ontly time will tell.

I enjoyed how on top of everything they were. I mean from sending back the secondary to getting an interview and then finally to the actual interview date. Other than Drew/UCLA I don't think at any other school I had a better experience. So in the end, Morehouse is an awesome place and the ability to practice is such an environment sounds exciting. Everyone I know really likes it and all the students were working hard to really let you know what Morehouse has to offer.

I guess there are a lot of things to decide in order to pick the right school but weigh out the pros and cons...that's what I would say. (easier said than done, huh?)

medboy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2003
Status (Visible)
hey y'all ... when did u get a decision from MSM? I'm on the alternate list (by the way, is it the same as the waitlist?) ...and I'm just curious to see if the alternate list has been moving ...

novangel81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2004
San Diego
Status (Visible)
I interviewed at Morehouse way back in Nowmeber and probably heard back about two-three weeks later in early December. So I have known for a little minute. But have u tried calling them and asking these questions cause every response you give them goes into you file so they know your interested still. But don't overwhelm them either. Alright well talk with everyone later. And if CALI doesnt work out for me...I hope to see you all who have gotten in in the fall.

Good luck to everyone!

Peace

novangel81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2004
San Diego
Status (Visible)
For those of you guys who have been accepted have you gotten your financial aid package yet...cause i havent received anything yet and i was wondering if I have been forgotten...I guess I will just call this week and find out...thanks

peace

Bayareachillin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
Status (Visible)
OK caligirl. Here is the scoop on financial aid. 1. the award letter is not ready for the students until the first day of orientation. 2. monies are not distributed until fall semester starts. So you won't know how much money you will have to pay/receive until you are already there and that you won't get any money for the summer classes which start first week of july. This sucks!

novangel81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2004
San Diego
Status (Visible)
That really does suck! Man I can't believe that! I wonder why they are doing things like that..and why is this summer program mandatory. I am really bummed by that cause that does not give me any options. I would have to find a place to live ASAP. I love Morehouse but I hope my other choice pulls through.

Peace

medboy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2003
Status (Visible)
anyone on the wailist with me for morehouse? If so, have you heard anything yet? Just anxious.

PMED99

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2003
Georgia
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I havent heard anything either, and I have been sending letters in hopes of getting pulled. I guess there just isnt much movement.

medboy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2003
Status (Visible)
what do u think would be overkill for letters of rec and letters of interest?

I sent an additional letter of rec, and 4 letters of interest ... do u think it's overdoing it to send an additional letter of rec ??

PMED99

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2003
Georgia
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I dont think thats overkill. Mr Nesmith used the example of the person who sent three emails a week, each very long. He said it was overkill and not to do it, but he also mentioned that the person was accepted. Go figure.

Mangs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hey i go to morehouse school of medicine. I'm class of 2007.
PM me if you have any questions..

Tkehinde

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 19, 2004
Status (Visible)
Still wating to get off the wait list. also. Pls let me know if anyone knows about the trend of the waitlist.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.