Morehouse School of Medicine - Losing its Accreditation...

Jonari

10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2007
US
Status
Medical Student
Has anybody heard about this? I was thinking of applying, but now not so much. Tried to look it up on Google, but couldn't find anything.

TheRealMD

"The Mac Guy"
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 23, 2007
Houston, Texas
Status
Medical Student
Has anybody heard about this? I was thinking of applying, but now not so much. Tried to look it up on Google, but couldn't find anything.
Then perhaps it's not true. Google knows everything.

About the Ads

SugPlum

10+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2007
???????
Status
Medical Student
Where did you hear about this?

Morehouse is still listed as accredited on the LCME web site, and the next site visit is in 2012-2013.

bodonid

Dr. Spaceman
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Grady has been losing money for years. But what does that have to do with accreditation?

scarletgirl777

10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Grady has been losing money for years. But what does that have to do with accreditation?
As far as I can tell, how you handle money is an important part of hospital accreditation. At least, JCAHO thinks so, and presumably that's why they mentioned it in their preliminary report (it looks like Grady blocked the final report from being released to the public.) Also, Grady is more of an Emory hospital than a Morehouse hospital, so I'm amused that the stigma would fall on Morehouse.

Determination

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2007
Status
As far as I can tell, how you handle money is an important part of hospital accreditation. At least, JCAHO thinks so, and presumably that's why they mentioned it in their preliminary report (it looks like Grady blocked the final report from being released to the public.) Also, Grady is more of an Emory hospital than a Morehouse hospital, so I'm amused that the stigma would fall on Morehouse.

I totally agree! Also Morehouse has great student-patient training facilities, great faculty,and 100% first time board pass rate and many more things so I don't believe they will be losing their accreditation anytime soon.

SugPlum

10+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2007
???????
Status
Medical Student
Grady Hospital is a public hospital so it is not owned by Emory or Morehouse. But it appears that Grady has had problems paying Emory and Morehouse, who provide medical staff.

About the Ads