Morehouse School of Medicine - Losing its Accreditation...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jonari

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody heard about this? I was thinking of applying, but now not so much. Tried to look it up on Google, but couldn't find anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody heard about this? I was thinking of applying, but now not so much. Tried to look it up on Google, but couldn't find anything.

Then perhaps it's not true. Google knows everything.

Members don't see this ad :)

Where did you hear about this?

Morehouse is still listed as accredited on the LCME web site, and the next site visit is in 2012-2013.

Grady has been losing money for years. But what does that have to do with accreditation?

Grady has been losing money for years. But what does that have to do with accreditation?

As far as I can tell, how you handle money is an important part of hospital accreditation. At least, JCAHO thinks so, and presumably that's why they mentioned it in their preliminary report (it looks like Grady blocked the final report from being released to the public.) Also, Grady is more of an Emory hospital than a Morehouse hospital, so I'm amused that the stigma would fall on Morehouse.

As far as I can tell, how you handle money is an important part of hospital accreditation. At least, JCAHO thinks so, and presumably that's why they mentioned it in their preliminary report (it looks like Grady blocked the final report from being released to the public.) Also, Grady is more of an Emory hospital than a Morehouse hospital, so I'm amused that the stigma would fall on Morehouse.

I totally agree! Also Morehouse has great student-patient training facilities, great faculty,and 100% first time board pass rate and many more things so I don't believe they will be losing their accreditation anytime soon.

Grady Hospital is a public hospital so it is not owned by Emory or Morehouse. But it appears that Grady has had problems paying Emory and Morehouse, who provide medical staff.