Morehouse School of Medicine MSMS 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

dr2be22

Hey guys! Has anyone applied to the MSMS program at Morehouse?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
have you heard anything yet from them?
Nah. From a buddy that did it they wait till mid or end may and then start notifying people. So we will have a wait time until they start telling us about interviews. Good luck!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using SDN mobile

I was wondering does anyone know about how much the program cost?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was wondering does anyone know about how much the program cost?

Here's the student budgets for each year:

Master of Science in the Medical Sciences (MSMS) Student Budgets
EXPENSES 1st YEAR 2nd YEAR
Tuition $17,000 $17,000
Fees 8,685 5,351
Books and Supplies 1,366 1,366
Room (include utilities) 9,184 9,184
Board 2,312 2,312
Personal Expenses* 2,172 2,172
Transportation 4,578 4,578
Total $45,297 $41,963

Great thanks, has anybody heard any news about, getting interviews? Will they call or send a email for interviews? I'm currently and Alabama resident do that matter do they give preference to Georgia residents?

Great thanks, has anybody heard any news about, getting interviews? Will they call or send a email for interviews? I'm currently and Alabama resident do that matter do they give preference to Georgia residents?

The deadline was yesterday. I they probably just now started looking at stuff today

Reactions: 1 user

What Kojo said, the application just closed on the 15th. I received an email yesterday stating my application is complete and under review. It also said they'll notify you via mail or email on whether or not you receive an interview.

@clutch100 when did you complete you application and send off all the materials I never. Received and application complete email. I just called to make sure they received everything before the deadline.

@clutch100 when did you complete you application and send off all the materials I never. Received and application complete email. I just called to make sure they received everything before the deadline.

Same here I just called and they let me know mine was complete. I never got an email either. But I'm really hoping to get an interview. I think they start interviews in July.

I submitted my application sometime in December. I sent my updated MCAT score in May.

Same here I just called and they let me know mine was complete. I never got an email either. But I'm really hoping to get an interview. I think they start interviews in July.

Wait who told you they start interviews in July? Their home page states interviews take place in June and we'll receive a decision by late June/early July?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait who told you they start interviews in July? Their home page states interviews take place in June and we'll receive a decision by late June/early July?
Someone who did the program last year. But perhaps they changed things. So don't quote me. I do think interviews in June would be better.

Someone who did the program last year. But perhaps they changed things. So don't quote me. I do think interviews in June would be better.

Yea I really hope we can hear back as soon as possible. The suspense of not knowing where I'll be in August is killing me haha.

Yea I really hope we can hear back as soon as possible. The suspense of not knowing where I'll be in August is killing me haha.
Same here lol! From their picture on the website it looks like they have a small class size

Same here lol! From their picture on the website it looks like they have a small class size

Yea I talked to some of the people from admissions for the program and they said the class size is usually 20-21 people, sometimes going up to 22 people. They have a ton of people apply though which makes it really tough to get in.

Yea, I think the small class size really attracts a lot of applicants an it's Morehouse. A prestigious university. Can you'll write on the chat if and when you get an interview?

Yea, I think the small class size really attracts a lot of applicants an it's Morehouse. A prestigious university. Can you'll write on the chat if and when you get an interview?

Absolutely. I wish everyone the best of luck! I've heard great things about this program like people getting a bunch of interviews after finishing the program.

Reactions: 1 users
I went to my friends graduation this past weekend. He's now a Doc. I want to go to the medical school and I am interested in this program.

I went to my friends graduation this past weekend. He's now a Doc. I want to go to the medical school and I am interested in this program.
Cool did you apply & Did he graduate from Morehouse?

Cool did you apply & Did he graduate from Morehouse?
Yeah, he graduated from Morehouse Medical school. No, I have not applied because I have not taken the Mcat yet.

Morehouse itself is a very nice school ascetically and its faculty were welcoming, but their website tends to have out of date information, and this can cause confusion for applicants. For me personally I was accepted there but decided to withdrawal a couple weeks ago in favor of a better program. Their website states that if you withdrawal before May 15th they will refund you your deposit, however upon calling the office today inquiring about that deposit, an admissions member told me that the Morehouse website is NOT up to date, and that the actual date to withdrawal in order to get your deposit refunded, is April 30th. For such a prominent medical school with tons of resources to not be able to update their website, and then pretty much say "yeah kid your out of luck, your not getting that deposit back", I know now that I made the right choice not attending this school.

Morehouse itself is a very nice school ascetically and its faculty were welcoming, but their website tends to have out of date information, and this can cause confusion for applicants. For me personally I was accepted there but decided to withdrawal a couple weeks ago in favor of a better program. Their website states that if you withdrawal before May 15th they will refund you your deposit, however upon calling the office today inquiring about that deposit, an admissions member told me that the Morehouse website is NOT up to date, and that the actual date to withdrawal in order to get your deposit refunded, is April 30th. For such a prominent medical school with tons of resources to not be able to update their website, and then pretty much say "yeah kid your out of luck, your not getting that deposit back", I know now that I made the right choice not attending this school.

I'm guessing you're either referring to gaining acceptance to the medical school or gaining acceptance for the MSM program last year? They haven't even began interviewing for the upcoming class yet.

Anyone hear any news about interviews yet? Will they inform us about interviews with an email or a call?

Anyone hear any news about interviews yet? Will they inform us about interviews with an email or a call?

I spoke with the director she said they will send out invitations starting mid June. I'm guessing e-mail for sure, probably a call too since it's a interview.

Appreciate it please keep the forum updated with information. And goodluck fingers crossed that we all get interviews

Reactions: 1 users
I spoke with the director she said they will send out invitations starting mid June. I'm guessing e-mail for sure, probably a call too since it's a interview.

@young1neMD I haven't heard anything yet either! @Kojo90 Do you know if interviews will still take place in June by any chance?

Appreciate it please keep the forum updated with information. And goodluck fingers crossed that we all get interviews

My pleasure! Yeah I hope we all get in! I really do! This program is very comprehensive and is dope!

@young1neMD I haven't heard anything yet either! @Kojo90 Do you know if interviews will still take place in June by any chance?
I'm not sure when actual interviews will take place. But I would think that as a courtesy thing they typically give people 1 & a half to 2 weeks notice so perhaps end of June on into July? (This is my guess of course).

I'm not sure when actual interviews will take place. But I would think that as a courtesy thing they typically give people 1 & a half to 2 weeks notice so perhaps end of June on into July? (This is my guess of course).

Gotcha, thanks for the update.

If i get accepted into the program I'm going to apply to Morehouse for this cycle.
Nice. I have two friends who did this and got in. As long as your undergrad GPA is around 2.8 or up and you get a 26 new MCAT score equivalent and of course do well in the program (3.3 or better) you will get in for sure.

Nice. I have two friends who did this and got in. As long as your undergrad GPA is around 2.8 or up and you get a 26 new MCAT score equivalent and of course do well in the program (3.3 or better) you will get in for sure.

Preciate it! I really hope we all get accepted into this program. My friend in MSMS was able to matriculate into the medical school after her first year as well. From what she told me, if you plan on applying during your first year, you have a very good shot at Morehouse's COM as long as you do well in the program (and 26+ MCAT). The students that went on to complete both years though had multiple acceptences from a lot of different medical schools (including Morehouse of course).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Preciate it! I really hope we all get accepted into this program. My friend in MSMS was able to matriculate into the medical school after her first year as well. From what she told me, if you plan on applying during your first year, you have a very good shot at Morehouse's COM as long as you do well into the program (and 26+ MCAT). The students that went on to complete both years though had multiple acceptences from a lot of different medical schools (including Morehouse of course).
Right I heard the same thing in regards to the second year students. They get offers from top schools too. That's why I'm so excited to prayerfully get into this program!

Yesss, I also pray we all get interviews and be accepted. Sending out interview invites in mid June seems so late though, I cannot take the suspense lol :(

Yesss, I also pray we all get interviews and be accepted. Sending out interview invites in mid June seems so late though, I cannot take the suspense lol :(
Ikr I wish and hope the will come earlier.

any updates? also. I tried calling office of admissions today. the number is no longer working. does anyone have a current number I can try?

Not sure. I know they moved for a few weeks beacuse they are renovating the office.

any updates? also. I tried calling office of admissions today. the number is no longer working. does anyone have a current number I can try?

Possibly try getting in touch with Mr. Jenkins through his email?

Hey guys shot in the dark here....for the people that are applying to medical school this year, does anyone know whether or not it matters if we apply early as an MSM student? I'd preferably like to see if I get accepted to the master's program before applying to Morehouse's medical school (my uGPA is too low to have a shot without an SMP), but I don't want to harm my chances by not applying until July.

Hey guys shot in the dark here....for the people that are applying to medical school this year, does anyone know whether or not it matters if we apply early as an MSM student? I'd preferably like to see if I get accepted to the master's program before applying to Morehouse's medical school (my uGPA is too low to have a shot without an SMP), but I don't want to harm my chances by not applying until July.

Hmm, if you really want to go to Morehouse I personally would just go ahead and apply now and if you get an interview for MSMS maybe mention (idk if anyone else can vouch for this) that you would like to matriculate into this particular medical school.

Hmm, if you really want to go to Morehouse I personally would just go ahead and apply now and if you get an interview for MSMS maybe mention (idk if anyone else can vouch for this) that you would like to matriculate into this particular medical school.
Yeah that's the best thing to do. If your grades are good u can get in after ur 1st year

Thanks! In that case I think I'm just going to take my chances and apply soon.

The deadline for the Morehouse MS in health sciences for the incoming 2017 class has passed however.

I'm a little confused, I was referring to applying to medical school soon. I applied for this master's program back in December.

I wouldn't mind at all doing the full 2 years either though.