Morehouse School of Medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOCTORSAIB

Ophtho or bust!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone....i was just wondering if anyone knows, has heard, or has visited Morehouse med school in Atlanta. I've been placed in the "hold" category and would like to get some feedback on the school. Thanx in advance for any replies....
smile.gif

DOCTORSAIB

Members don't see this ad.

C'mon people...dont tell me that no one here has been there or at least knows a little about the school. I would appreciate any replies...thanx all..
smile.gif

DOCTORSAIB

I would like to take this opportunity and thank everyone for their wonderful replies..ahah...i guess i'll just have to find this out on my own.

DOCTORSAIB

Keep in mind this only what I've read in books/on the internet. Morehouse has about 3,000 people apply for 40 spots in the freshman class. Most of their students, 85%, are minority and about 80% are Georgia residents. They're tuition is around $18,000, in or out-of-state. They're average GPA for entering freshman is 3.0 and on all sections of the MCAT they average 7.0. They're pretty big on recruiting a lot of people from racial minorities and from groups who were education/socioeconomically deprived. That may be why you're on hold, depending on your race.