Morehouse SOM Masters in Medical Science 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greyandyang

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody heard or been notified for an interview? Are there any past matriculants that can speak on their experience? How is the course schedule? Would I still be able to work? Is the program itself difficult? Were you able to get LORs from the professors? Did the program prepare you for medical school? Did it help your chances with non HBCU medical schools? Sorry for all the questions! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hey @greyandyang I also applied and haven't heard back although I received a private message from someone saying that his friend this year heard back for an interview. I was reading the threads last year and it looks like they started giving out interviews in June 15. All the best. I hope we hear back soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@greyandyang are you OOS? I'm from California
Yeah we must've read the same posts. I also asked around and people that have completed the program or the other programs they offer all said the same thing about the June 15th date. Yes I am OOS, Im in Texas. But Morehouse is where I hope to go to medical school so I hope I get in for the masters.

Yeah we must've read the same posts. I also asked around and people that have completed the program or the other programs they offer all said the same thing about the June 15th date. Yes I am OOS, Im in Texas. But Morehouse is where I hope to go to medical school so I hope I get in for the masters.

Same here! Fingers crossed and I'll keep you posted!

I got an interview from them for this upcoming Wednesday. Do you have an Idea of what the interview will look like? Has any of your friends or people you know told you about the workload and ability to work while in the program?

Reactions: 1 users
I got an interview from them for this upcoming Wednesday. Do you have an Idea of what the interview will look like? Has any of your friends or people you know told you about the workload and ability to work while in the program?
Congrats! I wonder if they are starting earlier this year, i hope i hear something soon. Are you from Georgia?
And I had the same questions, I asked a friend who did the clinical research program and she said the usually the medical science students don’t bc theyll probably be studying all the time when not In classes. But of course anything is possible.

Congrats! I wonder if they are starting earlier this year, i hope i hear something soon. Are you from Georgia?
And I had the same questions, I asked a friend who did the clinical research program and she said the usually the medical science students don’t bc theyll probably be studying all the time when not In classes. But of course anything is possible.
Thank you very much. Yes, I live about 30-45mins away from MSM.

I have no idea. I applied super early so that may be it. Where are you from?

I also applied early and sent in my app around Jan. I'm from California, so maybe that's why? I know PCOM does the same thing. They review all Georgia residents first before reviewing OOS.

I also applied early and sent in my app around Jan. I'm from California, so maybe that's why? I know PCOM does the same thing. They review all Georgia residents first before reviewing OOS.
Oh okay I was not aware of that. Hopefully you get an invitation soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would love to hear from anyone who has interviewed, still waiting patiently for an interview invite! Good luck to everyone!

Would love to hear from anyone who has interviewed, still waiting patiently for an interview invite! Good luck to everyone!
Likewise! I called them today and it looks like they're reviewing apps. Hopefully more interviews come out. Are you OOS?

Hi how did your interview go, if you don't mind sharing? I think the rest of us are pretty anxious since most people haven't heard anything

Hi how did your interview go, if you don't mind sharing? I think the rest of us are pretty anxious since most people haven't heard anything
The interview went well. It was very relaxed and professional all at the same time. The atmosphere made me extremely comfortable as soon as I step foot on campus. It’s small but beautiful. My best advice is tell your truth and be who you are, they want us there.

The interview went well. It was very relaxed and professional all at the same time. The atmosphere made me extremely comfortable as soon as I step foot on campus. It’s small but beautiful. My best advice is tell your truth and be who you are, they want us there.
Thanks! I actually just got an interview email about half an hour ago so I'm excited!

Reactions: 2 users
How many people interviewed you?

Does anyone know if the interviews are one-on-one or with multiple people? And the email we got said the day should end at 1pm, does that mean there are other activities or is the interview itself that long?

Does anyone know if the interviews are one-on-one or with multiple people? And the email we got said the day should end at 1pm, does that mean there are other activities or is the interview itself that long?

according to a previous applicant who interviewed and replied on a different thread, it seems like there is only 1 interviewer. I also got the email about the day ending at 1 pm. I think it may be a typo

according to a previous applicant who interviewed and replied on a different thread, it seems like there is only 1 interviewer. I also got the email about the day ending at 1 pm. I think it may be a typo
I believe you said you had your interview Monday, how was it? And how long does it last? (Sorry I'm freaking out lol)

I believe you said you had your interview Monday, how was it? And how long does it last? (Sorry I'm freaking out lol)
Hi sorry for the late response! It was pretty relaxed. i hope you found it the same?

During interview day, they told us that 50 interviewed for 24 spots. They are having the committee meeting on 6/22 and decisions should trickle out by then. best of luck everyone!

Has anyone heard anything?
I haven't, they said the MD orientation is today & Friday so since they're busy we'll probably hear early next week. They told us we'll hear by the 4th

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone give their experience on the program if they completed it?.

I’m thinking about applying to this program but it’s so doggone expensive. 30k/year for two years. I don’t want to be 60k in debt before medical school.

Has anyone been accepted or interviewed?

Seems like we’re all posting on old threads should we start a new one to keep up with this cycle? Also deadline was extended so maybe that has something to do with it?

Seems like we’re all posting on old threads should we start a new one to keep up with this cycle? Also deadline was extended so maybe that has something to do with it?
Yes we should start a new one!