Separate names with a comma.
Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.
Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia
Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Coca Cola, Apr 12, 2004.
Anyone have any info or specific tips.
According to Mr. Nesmith (admissions director) those who have all of their financial aid paperwork done will get first considerations at coming off the waitlist. MSM's deadline is May 1st for this. I would also imagine that a letter (snail mail) stating your continued interest in attending MSM would also do well for you.
The financial aid piece definitely makes sense. Even better though: write a little note, via e-mail, saying that you are still interested in the school. This is what was told to us when I interviewed back in January as a strategy for "wiggling" your way off the waitlist. I sent a note sometime in early March, Mr. Nesmith responded with "Noted", but then I pulled out a couple of weeks ago. Also, update your file with any honors, new grades, etc.
Heal and Teach,
What do you mean by "pulled out"? Did you accept another position somewhere?
Yeah Cola, once I got accepted somewhere else, I withdrew my application from the pool about two weeks ago. I couldn't wait any longer, and I think I'm ready to leave the ATL (been here for close to two years).
leave atl? any reasons?
Nothing against Hotlanta at all, ATL is great (not that you'd have that much time to experience it in med school ). It was cool being here for a while, getting my partying in, work experience, etc., but now it's time for me to move on. Also, I was born and raised in the Northeast, and miss it (I was accepted to schools in NY). My mom just moved to NC, so if I don't go to a NY school, I'll try there (waitlisted at a NC school). I'm just a nomad, and I am used to moving from place to place anyway. If you want more info about the area, you could PM me.
so, i know the waitlist moves typically around may 15th... but what are the chances of it moving earlier, say, like this week?
but in all seriousness, has anyone heard how many are on the list? and how many they speculate to take off?
I have also been trying to get this sort of information, but to no avail. I called them today and they said that it could move now and up to before classes start and there is no way of knowing.
do u know if they will snail mail, call or email decisions?
good luck to you.
I have no idea. I would think by mail.