Morehouse Waitlist

Bayareachillin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
    According to Mr. Nesmith (admissions director) those who have all of their financial aid paperwork done will get first considerations at coming off the waitlist. MSM's deadline is May 1st for this. I would also imagine that a letter (snail mail) stating your continued interest in attending MSM would also do well for you.

Heal&Teach

cogito ergo sum
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Oct 24, 2003
    adsum
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      The financial aid piece definitely makes sense. Even better though: write a little note, via e-mail, saying that you are still interested in the school. This is what was told to us when I interviewed back in January as a strategy for "wiggling" your way off the waitlist. I sent a note sometime in early March, Mr. Nesmith responded with "Noted", but then I pulled out a couple of weeks ago. Also, update your file with any honors, new grades, etc.

Best,
      H&T

About the Ads

Heal&Teach

cogito ergo sum
      7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Oct 24, 2003
      adsum
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        Yeah Cola, once I got accepted somewhere else, I withdrew my application from the pool about two weeks ago. I couldn't wait any longer, and I think I'm ready to leave the ATL (been here for close to two years).

Heal&Teach

cogito ergo sum
        7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Oct 24, 2003
        adsum
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          Nothing against Hotlanta at all, ATL is great (not that you'd have that much time to experience it in med school ;)). It was cool being here for a while, getting my partying in, work experience, etc., but now it's time for me to move on. Also, I was born and raised in the Northeast, and miss it (I was accepted to schools in NY). My mom just moved to NC, so if I don't go to a NY school, I'll try there (waitlisted at a NC school). I'm just a nomad, and I am used to moving from place to place anyway. If you want more info about the area, you could PM me. :)

medboy

7+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          May 30, 2003
            so, i know the waitlist moves typically around may 15th... but what are the chances of it moving earlier, say, like this week? :laugh:

but in all seriousness, has anyone heard how many are on the list? and how many they speculate to take off?

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.