Jnorman1218

5+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2009
Kansas City
Status
Medical Student
I am registering for the MCAT and there are two test times, 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.. I'm trying to decide which time would be better. Normally I get up around 7:00 so with the 8:00am I would have to get up just a little earlier than normal. On the other hand, if I took the 2:00 pm one I could sleep a little longer, go for a jog, etc. before my test. But I am worried that number one I will have longer to stress about it that day and number two since the test will go into the late afternoon and evening, it will be harder to stayed focused and easier to become fatigued. What is your opinion?

Mar 25, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm signed up for 2 pm on 6/17. I need time after I wake up to be at my optimum mental capacity.

bellakk

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I would go for the morning test. Although I am a night owl and do most of my work in the evening/night, I know that I prefer to get stuff done in the morning and always feel better when I'm dont w/ what I need to do by early afternoon. I hate getting up early, but on MCAT day you dont sleep that much the night before anyway and I think you'd just sit around all morning waiting for your test.

FYI they ask you to get to your testing center by 730 and, depending on the center, they'll start seating people as soon as they arrive by a sign in sheet so if you get there at 715, they'll go ahead and seat you you just can't get started until 730. Then you can even finish early.

Oncoloman

Mar 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Wow. Good question. Guess it depends upon how you fair with your morning vs. your evening classes. At the same time though being that it is the MCAT your gonna be WIDE AWAKE regardless.