Most appropriate practice test for a first time diagnostic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DougFlutie

Early Retirement
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm finally ready to start prepping for April. Which test should I take to gauge my strengths/weaknesses and see which direction to head? I've heard many people use AAMC 3r, while others use Kaplan or EK.

Suggestions are very appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC 3R or any EK exam.

also there is a free online TPR exam and a free online kaplan exam. Both are full length and may be used for diagnostic or part of your practice exams. I'd do those before the AAMC exams though.

HunterGatherer said:
AAMC 3R or any EK exam.

also there is a free online TPR exam and a free online kaplan exam. Both are full length and may be used for diagnostic or part of your practice exams. I'd do those before the AAMC exams though.

Thank you. But more specifically, which one will give me the most accurate idea of where my abilities are? I'm a little concerned that one from TPR or Kaplan might be extraneously difficult in order to terrify premeds into taking their courses.

6-8 AAMC are thought to be most accurate. However, use 3R for a diagnostic. The diag won't matter much except point you to weak areas in your content knowledge. Save the best exams for right before the test such that you can get a good idea of how you will score on the real deal a week or two before it.