Most beatiful medical school campuses in the country

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CavsFan2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Vanderbilt hands down. Too bad you pretty much have to have a 520+ MCAT to even be considered competitive haha.

Reactions: 1 users
Stanford
image.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ya'll look for how a med school looks on the outside. I look for the beauty in the artificial fluorescent lights of the library, labs, and clinics under which I will become vitamin D deficient.

Reactions: 32 users
How about ugliest? Jk I'm applying this year and would attend school in a giant trash can if they gave me a decent education

Reactions: 24 users
I actually think UNECOM is one of the prettiest.

Reactions: 3 users
Duke's is small(er) but very nicely laid out. You feel secluded without feeling isolated.

OHSU it the only place I know where you literally get to fly to your clerkships every morning...while watching the sunrise over the mountain.
Tram-4.jpg

Reactions: 29 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any NY school because everywhere else sucks.

Reactions: 1 user
I was told MSU's campus is a beauty. Side note, it hosts both MSU CHM and MSU COM
US-222-2.jpg

How about ugliest? Jk I'm applying this year and would attend school in a giant trash can if they gave me a decent education

Spent the summer near the GWU med school campus and it is depressing.

OHSU it the only place I know where you literally get to fly to your clerkships every morning...while watching the sunrise over the mountain.
Tram-4.jpg

Came to post. OHSU is gorgeous and they keep building some awesome buildings.

I live near Harvard med, they have a huge beautiful campus, but it's in a really busy area in between like 10 colleges and 3 hospitals lmao

Emorys is pretty beautiful.

USC Greenville I think is the best I've seen. The anatomy lab has floor to ceiling Windows, each station has a 40 inch touch screen TV, and the table is surrounded by vents that suck away the formaldehyde smell. They also have many of the walls made of frosted glass or white board paint, as well as many of the tables so you can literally draw wherever you want

I second Vanderbilt. I'd sell a kidney to get an interview there, let alone an admission offer.

makes me even more upset that during freshman year of high school, my friend already had a full ride to vandy for undergrad (baseball).

not med school but still..

The anatomy lab sounds very similar to UCF's. That place is beautiful too. I would very much like to go to Greenville, but I just can't stomach the 88k OOS tuition.
The 88k is only for first year, after that, instate. Often offer a first year discount too. Don't rule it out!

UCF is beautiful. FAU has a nice campus in general. Jefferson has a certain appeal.

One school that flies under the radar is U Iowa CCOM. Their medical campus is sooooo nice. So much glass.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The University of Vermont.

greenlakesunset.jpg

Reactions: 17 users
The one that accepts me
upload_2016-8-25_0-32-15.jpeg

Reactions: 24 users
You're going to be spending most of your time studying anyway...

I know someone who attends DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine in Cumberland Gap, TN. I've seen pictures of the campus and surrounding area, and it's absolutely breathtaking.

I know someone who attends DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine in Cumberland Gap, TN. I've seen pictures of the campus and surrounding area, and it's absolutely breathtaking.

ETSU Quillen college of medicine is really pretty too

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

upload_2016-8-25_11-15-49.jpeg

Beautiful St. George's University!

Reactions: 22 users
UVM is quite nice, with the added bonus that normal people have a chance at acceptance.

Reactions: 5 users
UVM is quite nice, with the added bonus that normal people have a chance at acceptance.

I know, I was thinking, "man Vandy is so beautiful, I would love to go there......Oh right, I don't have a prayer" :confused:

apply-to-auc.aspx
If you like beaches and nice rolling hills, AUC could be for you!

UMass tries so hard to have nice buildings but it's very hard to overcome being located in Worcester. As a lifelong MA resident, I have found it rare to find someone who isn't from Worcester who finds it a beautiful place to live. :laugh: UVM on the other hand, is beautiful. Harvard also has a nice campus.

I hear Quinnipiac is pretty nice, especially in the fall.

I work right next to HMS and I don't find it that great looking tbh. The lawn is very pretty and the marble buildings do give the school a sense of prestige compared to the rest of the neighborhood but eh. I pick Stanford and UVM (based on the pics on Google).

Wouldn't you rather be able to study in an environment that you find appealing and attractive instead of in a place where you don't care if you are stuck inside all day? I am always studying outside when the weather permits.

I can see your point, but for me studying is studying, and I just put my head down and knock out the material, so the environment doesn't matter. What matters more to me is the quality of education (class sizes, student population, research, etc), rather than how the campus looks.

I can see your point, but for me studying is studying, and I just put my head down and knock out the material, so the environment doesn't matter. What matters more to me is the quality of education (class sizes, student population, research, etc), rather than how the campus looks.
Why not both?!
3865388-0998529851-tumbl.gif

Reactions: 7 users