most beautiful medical campus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hicksto2592

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just started going on a couple interviews. to me each school seems better than the previous. currently, u iowa is the best campus i've been on. how about you?

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely NOT UIC-Chicago Campus. Watch out for the formalin-swamp gas that they let out at night. You want to grow intellectually during med school, but you don't want to grow another head!

Mediculous said:
Definitely NOT UIC-Chicago Campus. Watch out for the formalin-swamp gas that they let out at night. You want to grow intellectually during med school, but you don't want to grow another head!

the ucla campus is very nice.. and the medical facilities are very impressive. theyre also building 2 new hospitals right by there with pda functionality so there's no more need for paper charts :O. i want to go there :(.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out pictures of the Medical College of Ohio. I can't imagine that there are many med schools in the middle of a city with this much green grass, trees, and landscaping. There's actually places to walk around that's peaceful if you have time to spare.

http://www.mco.edu/camp/catour.html#

Penn State Hershey!

dartmouth, easily. :)

UCSD has a pretty nice medical campus, but the real bonus is the weather and proximity to the beach (1 mile).

I hear Harvard is beautiful.

Also, I went to MUSC for an AMSA conference last year as a premed member, and it was sooooooooooooo beautiful.

However, I wouldn't want to live there because as an Asian, I would love love love to go where there are more asians, so somewhere like boston or chicago.

But as far as beauty goes, MUSC is gorgeous.

RunMimi said:
Duke is pretty nice. The weather is great too.

I love the Duke campus. :love:

Im hoping to find an area with plenty of white people. I am white and care to associate with whites, mostly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Caesars0331 said:
Im hoping to find an area with plenty of white people. I am white and care to associate with whites, mostly.

UCLA or NYU

Caesars0331 said:

:horns: EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME :horns:
your post gets the gasface :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Caesars0331 said:

That so wouldn't work! While I am caucasian myself, you have to have some Latina women around! :eek: ----that's my O-face!

CaesarTroll-

You'd love Howard or Morehouse. I know that we shouldn't feed the trolls, but this guy is an asshat.

dc

Hey everyone,

I wanted to apologize, because I think I provoked that poster Caesar into writing his post, when I said I want to go to a more Asian populated area.

I didn't mean that in an offensive way. What I meant was, I grew up in an area where there were very few Indians, and I have always hated it when I am with other Indians and can't speak my own language and have to go an hour away just to go to the nearest temple.

My reason for wanting to go to a more Asian populated area is because it is a lot like being in India, and when I am older and have children, I want them to be able to attend temple and learn there language through classes provided by such and how to do Indian things like dancing etc.

Maybe I should have rephrased it to say to go to a more diverse population.

But I'm truly sorry if I offended you Caesar. I didn't mean it that way.

It's nice to see that pre-allo maintains its strict policy of exhibiting absolutely no sense of irony whatsoever.

Anyway, I vote for UCLA. Worst I saw was Vanderbilt, which needed a good scrubbing with soap and water. OHSU is nice in its way.

gujuDoc said:
Hey everyone,

I wanted to apologize, because I think I provoked that poster Caesar into writing his post, when I said I want to go to a more Asian populated area.

I didn't mean that in an offensive way. What I meant was, I grew up in an area where there were very few Indians, and I have always hated it when I am with other Indians and can't speak my own language and have to go an hour away just to go to the nearest temple.

My reason for wanting to go to a more Asian populated area is because it is a lot like being in India, and when I am older and have children, I want them to be able to attend temple and learn there language through classes provided by such and how to do Indian things like dancing etc.

Maybe I should have rephrased it to say to go to a more diverse population.

But I'm truly sorry if I offended you Caesar. I didn't mean it that way.
you don't have to apologize for your post, but honestly, neither should caesar. you both basically said the same thing about wanting to be near your own kind or whatever (although he wasn't even being serious), and your post was deemed legit, while he was flamed by the next 10 posters. i don't think there's anything wrong with it either way--i mean, who the hell cares?

gotta love the political correctness quotient on SDN. on a scale of 10, its about a 26.

and yes, i do realize that i too, will be flamed for saying this. hit me with your best shot, bitches! :smuggrin: :laugh: :laugh:

UVA and Emory don't hurt the eye either...

LOL at some of you guys hehe...of course the post was in response to gujuDoc's post.

At least some of you saw the irony, and know how it flows on SDN. Anyway, no need for apologies, I was just trying to get responses.

I can totally understand wanting to be around people of your own culture, hobbies, beliefs etc..To me, thats normal for most people. It?s funny that people get their panties in a bunch when a white guy says it, though.

Troll huh....funny that so many of you bit.

Vanilla can get it too :love: mmm vanilla.

Im a 32 flavors kinda gal.

NubianPrincess said:
UPITT in the fall :love: :clap:
really? what part of town/campus? it wasn't too pictureesque when i was there, but maybe i wasn't looking in the right place.

good sig, too, btw. ;)

superdevil said:
really? what part of town/campus? it wasn't too pictureesque when i was there, but maybe i wasn't looking in the right place.

good sig, too, btw. ;)
Thanks :D The views from the hilltops or from the top of the biomed sciences tower is amazing. Of course, this time of year, the folliage is at it's best.

Caesars0331 said:
I can totally understand wanting to be around people of your own culture, hobbies, beliefs etc..To me, thats normal for most people.

that's the norm at UCLA too.

NubianPrincess said:
Thanks :D The views from the hilltops or from the top of the biomed sciences tower is amazing. Of course, this time of year, the folliage is at it's best.
true, the view from the biomedical tower is sweet. this time of year is pretty, but travel gets crazy-expensive. i couldn't get interviewee discount rates for hotels at wake forest or dartmouth because of all the damn "leafers" coming out of NYC/etc. to go on vacation to look at the damn trees. its like every autumn half the population of new york turns into hippies and creates traffic jams/chaos wherever the change of colors can be found. :smuggrin:

Whatchyou said bout NYCerS? :mad: :mad: :mad: C'mon we gots no trees here :p:p

Loyola has the best gym

Did someone actually post that NYU has a beautiful campus? I ask because I am unsure if I should laugh (at the joke) or scoff (at how silly that statement is.) Most people from big cities have no idea what a nice college campus looks like until they head out west ;)

NYU has a campus? Anyway, leave us city folk alone
nonono.gif
;)

Has to be UCLA Med Center especially the new Ronald Reagan Hospital they're building. I.M. Freakin Pei designed it. Period.

sacrament said:
It's nice to see that pre-allo maintains its strict policy of exhibiting absolutely no sense of irony whatsoever.

Anyway, I vote for UCLA. Worst I saw was Vanderbilt, which needed a good scrubbing with soap and water. OHSU is nice in its way.

Vandy was your worst? Are you sure you went to the right campus? :confused:

Some of you are truly incompetent and I find it hilarious that you all took the bait on Caesar's post. An Asian person writes that they, being an Asian, would like to attend a school that has more Asians. Everything is fine. Then a white person writes that they would like to go to a school with more whites, and everyone begins attacking him/her. I think all of you should abandon a career in medicine and go work for the Kerry/Edwards campaign or the ACLU. Why is everyone so quick to attack? Just chill out. What is so wrong with a white person wanting to be around other whites anyway? It's apparently OK for other ethnicities.

VPDcurt said:
Some of you are truly incompetent and I find it hilarious that you all took the bait on Caesar's post. An Asian person writes that they, being an Asian, would like to attend a school that has more Asians. Everything is fine. Then a white person writes that they would like to go to a school with more whites, and everyone begins attacking him/her. I think all of you should abandon a career in medicine and go work for the Kerry/Edwards campaign or the ACLU. Why is everyone so quick to attack? Just chill out. What is so wrong with a white person wanting to be around other whites anyway? It's apparently OK for other ethnicities.

That's hilarious, your point has a smack of truth to it which makes it rather comical. However, the ACLU is a fantastic organization whose fundamental aim is protecting the rights of individuals and not letting society get the best of them. Government or the individual? I'll error on the side of the individual every single time! You may not like all of their rulings but how can you fault them for taking their job seriously???
...but seeing that your from richmond VA and it begins to make a little more sense.

kstone13 said:
That's hilarious, your point has a smack of truth to it which makes it rather comical. However, the ACLU is a fantastic organization whose fundamental aim is protecting the rights of individuals and not letting society get the best of them. Government or the individual? I'll error on the side of the individual every single time! You may not like all of their rulings but how can you fault them for taking their job seriously???
...but seeing that your from richmond VA and it begins to make a little more sense.

Sorry to add to the confusion, but I am actually from Connecticut. I'd respond to your comments regarding the ACLU (some of which I do agree with actually), but I don't want this thread to get off topic.
;)

VPDcurt said:
Sorry to add to the confusion, but I am actually from Connecticut. I'd respond to your comments regarding the ACLU (some of which I do agree with actually), but I don't want this thread to get off topic.
;)

fair enough.