Most comfortable scrubs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
...and now this whole thing is blown out of proportion...

Thanks...I like doing that on occasion.;)

Yes, its a deer. Before coming to school this fall I took a week camping trip in Yosemite with my fiance and this sight was what we woke up to the first morning in the backcountry.

Ahhh..the beauty of nature. Does a deer &^&( in the woods?

Members don't see this ad.

No, not the top and bottom at the same time.

And usually not the bottoms, just sometimes I don't care what I wear and wear a scrub top.

Cheisu - I am not a doctor. I am not a medical student. As a 20 year old college student, I am begging you, in the name of all that is holy, to stop being such a gigantic tool. You are "that guy," and nobody likes "that guy."

Nothing you do now will help you get into med school. You can spend all of your high school days getting drunk, having sex, and as long as you do well in college, you will get into med school. (Note well however that doing well in college does not preclude the drunkeness and sex.)

So do yourself a favor. Put down your ACLS book, and go to that open house party. Learn to play guitar. Join the wrestling team.

As for this;
How unprofessional are you going to be?

dignified.png

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm always down to go to Vegas! Hell, last year on my Trauma rotation I was there for a 30-hour trip for my buddy's bachelor party. I only slept on the plane ride back. :)

I highly doubt anyone's going, but I'll be in Vegas from March 5 to March 7 for the SCVS. Anyone down there, give me a buzz!

Uh... Methinks someone needs to go to Hawaii for his future honeymoon then. Get some edumacation. :)

What? There's just a bunch of Asian looking people there who look like Samoans and Whitey from the Mainland, no?

Damn, dude, just because you're bitter about the Yankees sucking. And the whole Mitchell Report thing! :laugh:

Yeah... Sigh... Sorry.

Most days I'm sure she's smarter than me as well. :)

Most days I'm sure she can kick my a$$.

It's becoming one of my pet peeves in life, too. One of the people on my rotation today asked me to show her how to use the paging system. Then she asked me to just page the doctor for her, since she was still having trouble with it. Then she asked me to print out a copy of the sign out for her. Then she asked me to show her how to use the fax machine.

Nobody's that technologically challenged. :mad:

She's just screwing with you.

1) I would've paged the wrong number.

2) I would've printed out some other service's sign out for her.

3) I woud've faxed her thing to the wrong office.

I'm a spiteful SOB when I know someone's screwing with me.

I've been at work since 6AM yesterday and stayed overnight 'cause I did an eight hour aortobifemoral bypass that we finished at 2AM today and, of course, today I'm call covering for trauma. Yay me.

Hey, at least the graft is still up! :)

Those are fun aren't they. Great that the grafts up! That's awesome. :thumbup::thumbup:

Like I said, it isn't really a size that anyone makes. My hands are somewhere between 7.5 and 8.0, with neither really fitting correctly.

I need those 7.75s too. The 7.5 are a bit snug and the 8s don't fit quite tight enough around the fingers and I have to keep pulling on them. I still go back and forth depending on the length of the case. I wear 7.5s for carotids and 8 over 8 for longer cases.

When you get your own practice, you can start ordering custom fitted gloves. One of my mentors went down in a plane crash and burned off his fingers at the PIP joints. He has custom-made gloves (paid for by the hospital) that fit just him. He's a master vascular surgeon too.

BTW, I wear 42 Danskos. I am 5'8". :laugh:

All this talk of glove size reminds me of the scrub nurse who used to grump at me, "If you can't fit in at least a 7 glove YOU DON'T BELONG IN MY OR." The irony - this was really his way of showing his fatherly affection for me!

What the hell happened to that kid anyway? There was that cryptic last post about something bad that happened on the interview trail, then poof . . . gone.

I think he was banned, and he tried to sign on under a different name and was banned again. So since you decided to enter this thread...what is your glove size?

I sterilize the room with my icy glare.

That, my friend, is not an icy glare. It's a blank stare that results from all the unlearning that happens during the Orthopod training process and reducing your lexicon to a series of grunts and armpit noises.

:D

That, my friend, is not an icy glare. It's a blank stare that results from all the unlearning that happens during the Orthopod training process and reducing your lexicon to a series of grunts and armpit noises.

:D

Nicely played. Wow! I do have to give the orthopods some props though. I am just an MS4, but I actually enjoyed my ortho rotation and those guys/gals work really hard and no one displayed that icy glare btw.

Back to glove sizes for the ladies...
I wear 6.5.

:laugh:

But then what happens to the bacteria? Does the vacuous stare in the orthopod's eyes make the bacteria die from apathy and boredom?

But then what happens to the bacteria? Does the vacuous stare in the orthopod's eyes make the bacteria die from apathy and boredom?

That cloud of knowledge that leaks from the brains of the orthopods are absorbed by the bacteria in the room and, on realizing that they're now probably brighter than your average orthopod, swell to the point their cell walls break -- apoptosis.

Nicely played. Wow! I do have to give the orthopods some props though. I am just an MS4, but I actually enjoyed my ortho rotation and those guys/gals work really hard and no one displayed that icy glare btw.

Back to glove sizes for the ladies...
I wear 6.5.

My glove size is 6.0.

All the Best,

Todd Ruiter, DO

Todd,

Thank you for that.....best laugh I've had all day. I thought the surfboard and scrubs combination was the climax, but then I saw your doctor stories in the upcoming brands section, which is definitely your masterpiece. JJ really tugged at my heart stringz.

Now, I'm sorry about the above paragraph, but having been in surgery for several years, you had to have known that we would do nothing but make fun of this concept! Still, congrats on your perseverance and your upcoming fellowship.

One word of advice: When you show up in Louisville, of all places, I recommend you wear the hospital scrubs. I'm trying to imagine what H.P. would say about your designz.....

New idea for a scrubz concept: Kansas Kool

Meet SLUser. He's a corn-fed midwestern boy who grew up with strong family values, and he'll do whatever it takes to make sure his patient's do well, just like his pappy taught him. But SLUser is a man of conviction, and when it comes to scrubs, he's not gonna compromise.

That's why every morning after his country breakfast, he slaps on a pair of Kansas Kool scrubs. With pant legs custom designed to fit his boots, and a zippered shirt pocket just for his Skoal, they offer unparalleled quality and comfort, just like laying in a bale of hay at the family farm, and it's the edge he needs to get through the day.

Todd,

Thank you for that.....best laugh I've had all day. I thought the surfboard and scrubs combination was the climax, but then I saw your doctor stories in the upcoming brands section, which is definitely your masterpiece. JJ really tugged at my heart stringz.

Now, I'm sorry about the above paragraph, but having been in surgery for several years, you had to have known that we would do nothing but make fun of this concept! Still, congrats on your perseverance and your upcoming fellowship.

One word of advice: When you show up in Louisville, of all places, I recommend you wear the hospital scrubs. I'm trying to imagine what H.P. would say about your designz.....
Wow....it's like a whole line of scrubs designed specifically for douchebags.