Most difficult MCAT topic...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. Z

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think thermodynamics gets my vote. Yet, I do have a great deal of animosity for that pesky voltaic cell. Any other really sh1tty topics out there that maybe i'm not aware of?

Members don't see this ad.

having problems with torque and cells? in gen chem.

Members don't see this ad :)
For me it was acids and bases, titrations, whatever. The concepts aren't that difficult but I ALWAYS seemed to screw something up on the math. Luckily my form in April wasn't very heavy on the stuff.

I may hate thermo, but nothing, and I mean nothing! irks me more than missing the passage based questions!!! The info to answer the question is literally right there in front of you and yet somehow you still miss it. Usually I find i miss those questions because I am hurrying, or I assume that the question is not passage based and I try to answer it based on my knowledge and not the passage. Either way, missing the passage based questions is unforgivable..:mad: And damn it, i'm not letting it happen anymore!

i totally agree with lady bug that the ****tiest topic is translational motion. you would think it's pretty simple, but i think it's the hardest to retain...i keep forgetting those damn formulas. =T
anyone have any KEY concepts to remember for translational motion?

I was worried about physical sciences. It had been 3 years since gen chem, one quarter of which I skipped because of AP credit. Also I was not done with my physics classes. And I didn't take any prep courses or buy any prep books. While I was taking the test there was a whole passage on circuits and resistors, which I had never seen before. So I guessed on basically a whole passage worth of questions there.

And I still got a 14.

Therefore I conclude that physical sciences is the "hardest" section, with some topic in there being the hardest topic if only because most people that take the MCAT answer many, many of these questions incorrectly.

Physics is analogous to having my eyeballs poked furiously with hot sewing needles.

I must concur with translational motion. No matter how many times I study that #$@%, I just can't seem to get it!!

I used to think verbal was a cakewalk. That is, until I got a 6 on my April exam "hello August".

Hey Z, can you change your name man? I don't appreciate this copycating of mine.

Originally posted by Mr. H
Hey Z, can you change your name man? I don't appreciate this copycating of mine.

1) Why do you have a problem with my name? Do a search on member names that start with "Mr" there are tons of them... Mr. D, Mr. T etc... so to single me out is ridiculous.

2) to answer your question, NO, I will not change my name. If the names confuse you, then either go back and learn your ABC's or change your name.

3) Copycating you :laugh: yeah right!

Verbal is a bitch. You think you got it down, but then you get a 6 :oops: on a practice test. Verbal is always an uncertainty you really can't ever be sure how you did until you see your score report and its official.

Thermo comes in second.....

All of physics is also a pain:mad:

galvanic cells ?

always give me probs and then .... acid/base anything

I'd have to say solubility product constants in gen chem, hate it with a passion.:mad:

the MCAT I took seemed to have a lot of immunology type questions on it which seemed particularly hard.