Most difficult pre req?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jtrinke1

UT Knoxville
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what most people thought their most difficult science pre req was. I know most people will probably say orgo, but any others? And why?

Members don't see this ad.

Jtrinke1 said:
I was wondering what most people thought their most difficult science pre req was. I know most people will probably say orgo, but any others? And why?
I think that orgo is very easy. Physics is a little bit more challenging, but manageable, too.

Denn said:
I think that orgo is very easy. Physics is a little bit more challenging, but manageable, too.

BINGO! Orgo was real easy for me - physics is terrible!!! So boring!!! lol :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
without a doubt, physics...
i just can't understand it... :mad:

I have not taken orgo yet so I cant compare that one, however, I found that PHysics I was boring and a bit difficult at some points. We shall see about Orgo.

Just due to volume of material, I'd say Biochemistry. It's only a prereq for a few schools, but it was still a prereq for me :)

Everyone that keeps naming Physics, did you take Calc-based physics? As a non-science major, I took the easy way out and did algebra based physics, which ended up being an enormously interesting class. I :love: physics! (can't speak about calc-based physics, though ;))

English...I can't write my way out of a paper bag.

orgo was mad easy...physics and english(writing was hard....the lit clases were easy) were HARD!

Im taking physics in the fall and its worrying me b/c im hearing just as many bad things about physics as I am orgo. What is it that makes it so hard? I always assumed once you knew the formulas you just plugged numbers in.

SanDiegoSOD said:
Everyone that keeps naming Physics, did you take Calc-based physics? As a non-science major, I took the easy way out and did algebra based physics, which ended up being an enormously interesting class. I :love: physics! (can't speak about calc-based physics, though ;))

Mine was non-calc. I have heard that learning the calc based can make problem solving easier. I wish I would have done that now because I took calc in high school and didn't mind it much. Bottom line: physics blows! :laugh:

Took Calc-Based Physics, it was the most horrible experience. I learned alot but I would not take calc-based again.

biochem but in retrospect it isn't that hard. just alot of new material and memorization.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm starting OChem and Physics in fall, and I expect to enjoy them both. Ochem should be more interesting than gen chem, and I liked high school physics, so I expect I'll enjoy college physics. I'm taking the non calc kind cause I have no interest in going back over calc stuff that I forgot a few years ago. :p First term of bio was toughest for me so far because diving into molecular biology and large quantities of science material when I'd never taken any bio before, was a bit of a challenge, worked out though. And I reallllllly don't like chem lab. Maybe if I were at some really expensive school with decent facilities I'd enjoy it more.... I always feel a little off when I'm in there.

I found calc based to be easier. Also the most wicked curve on the planet. Since calc was invented for physics they mesh well. I wouldn't suggest it for all people though.

I found Orgo I & II easy. On the other hand, Physics I & II were a nightmare. I studied so much for those classes and still made B's. I used to think I loved Physics because I found high school Physics interesting and concepts easy to grasp; not so for college Physics.

doctigger said:
I'm starting OChem and Physics in fall, and I expect to enjoy them both. Ochem should be more interesting than gen chem, and I liked high school physics, so I expect I'll enjoy college physics. I'm taking the non calc kind cause I have no interest in going back over calc stuff that I forgot a few years ago. :p First term of bio was toughest for me so far because diving into molecular biology and large quantities of science material when I'd never taken any bio before, was a bit of a challenge, worked out though. And I reallllllly don't like chem lab. Maybe if I were at some really expensive school with decent facilities I'd enjoy it more.... I always feel a little off when I'm in there.

no, orgo was easy. physics was hard.

JKDMed said:
They're all pretty easy. The only challenge is the workload in a few of the classes. Keep in mind they're only freshman/sophomore level courses.
Wow all those letters are going behind your name. They will end up longer than your actual name.

Orgo was hard at first but got easier. Physics was a pain. The instructor that I had was blowing past the material at 100 miles an hour. She went past one chapter in 30 minutes! :eek: This is probably why it turned out to be a painful experience for Physics. Fortunately I was reading waaaayyyyy ahead so I manage to survive it. I am looking forward to taking Biochem but I am thinking about taking 2 semesters of A & P instead of one.

i think it has to be molec bio for me

I took calc-based physics. I thought it was waaaay easier than orgo. I'm really not a chem person at all!