Most Expensive Medical School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Namie

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the most expensive medical school, doesn't required calculas, and will be accepting of undergrad gpa of 3.4-3.7?

And are the Carribeans schools very expensive?

There's no price limit, but I don't want a school less than 200 k for 4 years.

Members don't see this ad.

index_clip_image001.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
The closest thing would probably be AMC in New York. About 45K a year since it is a private school. However, it requires the same pre-reqs as most schools.....

There's no price limit, but I don't want a school less than 200 k for 4 years.

Yeah I heard the more expensive the tuition, the better is the quality of education.

Members don't see this ad :)
colorado is 56k oos, with no chance of getting is. also, if you drop out, the tutition gets retroactively bumped to 83k :eek:

The closest thing would probably be AMC in New York. About 45K a year since it is a private school. However, it requires the same pre-reqs as most schools.....
back to the kids' table plz

colorado is 56k oos, with no chance of getting is. also, if you drop out, the tutition gets retroactively bumped to 83k :eek:

back to the kids' table plz

Last time I checked, there isn't one in this forum.

Daaaaaamn, Gina.

Temple's 54K/year for OOS, and I'm not quite sure how difficult it is to get IS tuition but I think it takes 2 or 3 years to establish residency in PA.

Over-under 30% of those guys matching in the US or Canada?

Maybe the kid wearing the slacks and plaid. Other than that, I don't see any of them matching. Although, there's another guy from the school who might. Take a guess as to who I'm referring to.

small_class_sizes.jpg

Dang...Really? So I am guessing that it's a private school.

No, Tufts is a public school. It's 51K for public tuition, and about double that for private tuition. They also give generous $100 merit scholarships for every two years, maxing out at $200 if you graduate on time.

Nearly any OOS public school will cost you an arm and a leg too.

It'll be worth it though if you can get state residency.

wtf is going on in this thread :laugh:

UF has like 71K tuition for OOSers who manage to get in here. After the first year though, you establish Florida residency and you get IS tuition for the next 3 years. Still, can't imagine paying 71K/year....

No, Tufts is a public school. It's 51K for public tuition, and about double that for private tuition. They also give generous $100 merit scholarships for every two years, maxing out at $200 if you graduate on time.

This is a long shot in many states. If you start as OOS, you're generally stuck with out of state tuition all four years. There may be exceptions.

Maybe the kid wearing the slacks and plaid. Other than that, I don't see any of them matching. Although, there's another guy from the school who might. Take a guess as to who I'm referring to.

small_class_sizes.jpg

That is easily the least aesthetically pleasing class I've ever seen.

Translation: they fugly

$100 merit scholarship? For two years? So that will help pay 0.1% of your tuition? Yes, that's very generous.

Another high tuition school is MSU OOS (61k just for tuition).

Although this thread's OP seems a little ridiculous, I'll add in my two cents. OOS tuition alone for UIC is a little over 70K, yikes!

UColorado for OOS students...

EDIT: Just read the actual thread, I was just responding to the title of this post.

all i have to say is: WTF?

UIC oos is up there. And they don't tell you about it it is simply included in the packet you take home post interview...

Last edited:
UF has like 71K tuition for OOSers who manage to get in here. After the first year though, you establish Florida residency and you get IS tuition for the next 3 years. Still, can't imagine paying 71K/year....

They made a new law and you cant do that anymore : ( OOS for all 4 years T_T

MSAR says Stanford is 76k w/living expenses. in state is the only way to go these days...i already have a crap load of debt.

MSAR says Stanford is 76k w/living expenses. in state is the only way to go these days...i already have a crap load of debt.
if you add living expenses it's a whole different can of worms.

also, i'll bet money that going to stanford will be ultimately much cheaper than the vast majority of state schools

yeah calculus is super expensive. I think the most expensive schools are chicago privates! - Loyola. I read the avg cost per year something absurd like 93k

I don't know how you Americans pay for your schooling.

I actually like the 3.7 ceiling. It shows a genuine commitment from the OP.

Wow. **** everything about that.

Florida Resident here, and UF is my top choice. In-state tuition is pretty expensive here too relative to the other Florida schools. I would never drop $71k a year OOS; if you got into UF out of state in the first place, there's a good chance you probably got into your more affordable state school.

if you add living expenses it's a whole different can of worms.

also, i'll bet money that going to stanford will be ultimately much cheaper than the vast majority of state schools

This is an important point. I would almost guarantee that you wouldn't be paying the "sticker price" at a private school. While it may not be cheap, I doubt it's that price.

I know Pritzker is pretty pricy. It varies from $70-80k a year over the four years.

U of South Carolina = 61k for OOS tuition alone
MUSC = 58k for OOS tuition alone

...I'm not sure if they let you qualify for in-state tuition after the first year.

I don't know how you canadian's pay heavy taxes and have lower wages. Yes our poor are poorer, but our middle class crap on yours.

Don't worry. There won't be a middle class in a few more years. Then Canada will have the last laugh.

Don't worry. There won't be a middle class in a few more years. Then Canada will have the last laugh.

Get people to stop spending their money on stupid things and the majority will do alright. Even with all the credit card legislation that passed back in 08/09 AND the drop in consumer spending, debt levels are unreal on a household level. The working class (more recently termed the "Missing Class" -- Newman and Chen) may still have it rough and can be fighting uphill. However, the people in the actual middle class are, for the most part and SUPER GENERALIZING, letting it slip away if it is getting away. Good jobs are out there even if great ones aren't. Freak things happen but it isn't as if every struggling middle class family has 6 figures of medical bills bearing down on them from some life saving operation a family member needed. Just from personal observations, prestige is still too important in this country for whatever reason and its hurting the middle class. I wouldn't care if my neighbor had 5 beemers in his driveway, I'd be perfectly happy with my toyota. Similarly, I don't know how people pay $50 for their 8 year old son to have a designer pair of jeans?! I'm not cheap but man I could go on and on about how just in my small social ecosystem I see people spend money where they don't need to YET still find time to complain about the rough economy WHILE THEY ARE ON VACATION! /rant

I get upset when people attribute widening wage gaps and the shrinking middle class solely to economic policy issues. It's more an issue of education reform that No Child Left Behind just didn't/doesn't address fully. I consider myself to be conservative, but it doesn't change the fact that some things are more important than what side of the fence your supposed to be on. Throwing money at the problem isn't the solution either by any means.

Edit: btw, guess this post adds to the "WTF" nature of this thread haha