Most Helpful Breakfast for Test Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaDoctorFutura

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need suggestions of what will get me up and keep me so.

Members don't see this ad.

LaDoctorFutura said:
I need suggestions of what will get me up and keep me so.

I do a bowl of oatmeal, OJ, and a banana to get my day started on MCAT Practice test days... It works wonders.

But seriously I would do...
4 Shots of Espresso, 2 Red Bull, and 20oz of Jolt cola! :laugh: :p

Banana, Orange Juice, and 2 toasted slices of 100% whole wheat bread literally soaked in peanut butter and jam. Works for me. Just stick with what you're used to.

with "what you are used to"... if we normally don't eat breakfast, what would you advise? not eating, or eating something that will stick with you, because lunch will, of course, be closer to 1pm than noon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I eat just a bowl of cereal every morning. I dunno... is that enough or should I eat more on test day?

if youre used to having coffee, have some. if youre not used to caffeine in the morning, don't start on test day.

whatever you choose to eat in the morning, make sure it isn't fruit loops or donuts. and make sure to bring snacks with you, it's best to eat little snacks and little meals than to get thanksgiving syndrome early in the morning or after lunch.

i hope this helps.

Blueberries and cottage cheese and a protein bar. Something low on the glycemic index. That's my pick.

LaDoctorFutura said:
with "what you are used to"... if we normally don't eat breakfast, what would you advise? not eating, or eating something that will stick with you, because lunch will, of course, be closer to 1pm than noon.

i dont think you can run on no fuel for like half the day- eat something, idk, eat some cereal and drink some OJ eat a banana, you like cereal right?

eggs...toast...the works.

Although you check in at 8...you may not actually start writing the test until 9:40am...test centres are inconsistent, so eat well.

~CDN Pre-med~ said:
eggs...toast...the works.

Although you check in at 8...you may not actually start writing the test until 9:40am...test centres are inconsistent, so eat well.

damn, my stomachs gonna be growling during the test. grrrrr

sweetstuff25 said:
damn, my stomachs gonna be growling during the test. grrrrr

Pack some granola bars with you, just in case you get stuck in a bad testing location with bad proctors... It helps beat the hunger.