Most important honor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zerox117

A joyful heart is good medicine.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this question is under the "academic" heading and wants me to list the most important honor received and why. Would it be ok to list an honor that wasn't exactly academic? And would you consider being elected to a very high position of leadership within a community service organization an "honor"?

Members don't see this ad.

So this question is under the "academic" heading and wants me to list the most important honor received and why. Would it be ok to list an honor that wasn't exactly academic? And would you consider being elected to a very high position of leadership within a community service organization an "honor"?
I'd suggest you list an academic recognition so that you aren't perceived to have incorrectly interpreted the question.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What happens if one never received academic honors?

I expect most of those applying to med school would have achieved Deans List at some point.
Then wouldn't that make the question pretty moot? It seems like the SDN consensus is that since everyone has made Deans List at some point, it's hardly worth mentioning.

Then wouldn't that make the question pretty moot? It seems like the SDN consensus is that since everyone has made Deans List at some point, it's hardly worth mentioning.
For an AMCAS application, that's true. The OP is completing some other type of form that hasn't been specified.

Reactions: 1 users
For an AMCAS application, that's true. The OP is completing some other type of form that hasn't been specified.
Oh I suppose that's true. I just assumed it was a secondary.

Reactions: 1 user