1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Most important V? P? B?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Soda pop, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Soda pop

Soda pop Member
    7+ Year Member

Rank the sub scores of the MCAT from the most important to the least, please. :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf Thug 4 Life
    7+ Year Member

VR, BS, PS,...................................WS

4. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member
    7+ Year Member

Verbal is the most important hands down, mainly because it has the strongest correlation with USLME step 1 scores. As far as PS vs BS... it probably just depends on the school. Nobody cares about the writing sample, unless maybe you get J,K,S or T (or X).

5. Mr. H

7+ Year Member

The head ad. comm member at UW-Madison told me that for writing it is a help if you got a R, S, or T. And i concur with the above statement about the low scores hurting. I would think biological score would be worth more than physical?

6. DrMom

DrMom Official Mom of SDN
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Papa Smurf:
    <strong>VR, BS, PS,...................................WS</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree!

The only exception would be if you have a REALLY bad WS score, then it would matter to the average school.

7. Pinki

Pinki Sassy Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    This is the first reassuring thread I've seen in a while. With a VR11, BS9 and PS7, writing S, I've bee extremely down in the dumps, obviously because of that blasted PS score! While I'll still retake in August without a doubt, nice to know that maybe my apparently overdeveloped verbal skills might help me along the line, when it comes to USMLEs! Silver lining found!