Most important V? P? B?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Soda pop

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rank the sub scores of the MCAT from the most important to the least, please. :)

Members don't see this ad.

VR, BS, PS,...................................WS

Verbal is the most important hands down, mainly because it has the strongest correlation with USLME step 1 scores. As far as PS vs BS... it probably just depends on the school. Nobody cares about the writing sample, unless maybe you get J,K,S or T (or X).

Members don't see this ad :)
The head ad. comm member at UW-Madison told me that for writing it is a help if you got a R, S, or T. And i concur with the above statement about the low scores hurting. I would think biological score would be worth more than physical?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Papa Smurf:
•VR, BS, PS,...................................WS•••••I agree!

The only exception would be if you have a REALLY bad WS score, then it would matter to the average school.

This is the first reassuring thread I've seen in a while. With a VR11, BS9 and PS7, writing S, I've bee extremely down in the dumps, obviously because of that blasted PS score! While I'll still retake in August without a doubt, nice to know that maybe my apparently overdeveloped verbal skills might help me along the line, when it comes to USMLEs! Silver lining found!