Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Most important V? P? B?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Soda pop, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Soda pop

Soda pop Member

Rank the sub scores of the MCAT from the most important to the least, please. :)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf Thug 4 Life

VR, BS, PS,...................................WS

4. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member

Verbal is the most important hands down, mainly because it has the strongest correlation with USLME step 1 scores. As far as PS vs BS... it probably just depends on the school. Nobody cares about the writing sample, unless maybe you get J,K,S or T (or X).

5. Mr. H

The head ad. comm member at UW-Madison told me that for writing it is a help if you got a R, S, or T. And i concur with the above statement about the low scores hurting. I would think biological score would be worth more than physical?

6. DrMom

DrMom Official Mom of SDN
    Physician Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Papa Smurf:
    <strong>VR, BS, PS,...................................WS</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree!

The only exception would be if you have a REALLY bad WS score, then it would matter to the average school.

7. Pinki

Pinki Sassy Member

Medical Student
    This is the first reassuring thread I've seen in a while. With a VR11, BS9 and PS7, writing S, I've bee extremely down in the dumps, obviously because of that blasted PS score! While I'll still retake in August without a doubt, nice to know that maybe my apparently overdeveloped verbal skills might help me along the line, when it comes to USMLEs! Silver lining found!