Most obnoxious technician in pharmacy history?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeLikeBueller

Doctor of Comic Relief
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In my experience, technicians make the difference between an enjoyable retail environment and an absolutely crappy work experience. I saw this (admittedly weak-sauce) article on APhA & wanted to get the community's perspective on it. I would literally pull my hair out if I had to work with a tech like this...

http://www.pharmacist.com/limits-pharmacy-technician-s-objections

Members don't see this ad.

that technician was an ass >_< but somehow all this made me laugh... He was really persistent! (I still feel sorry for the people that were working with him tho lol)

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems kinda like an ego trip. They didn't like that it was the pharmacist's call and retaliated in their own way. When I was a tech the pharmacists explained clear boundaries to me that techs do not counsel and you shouldn't refuse a script before running it by the pharmacist first. It's simply not their call and I respected that. If I had concerns they listened to me and ultimately I left it up to them because it's their liability on the line and their judgement call to make.

Reactions: 1 user
The tech sounds quite obsessive (unfortunately, I've worked with a worse tech before, a true sociopath that will probably be on the news someday for having bodies in their basement or something.) The employer (in this article) was quite reasonable with the technician, but the technician really left them no choice but to be fired (perhaps hoping they would get a big payout, I'm glad the courts made the correct decision in upholding the technician's firing.)

Reactions: 1 user
It's the pharmacist who is the drug expert and it's their license on the line... I can't see how a technician feels that this is any of their business

But at least this guy seems to be capable of cognitive activity... I'm pretty sure the techs at my store don't give a crap about anything

Order doesn't get checked in? Who cares
3 pharmacy calls? Someone else will get it
Line of 6 customers? I'm going on break
These random filled prescriptions laying around the pharmacy? Wasn't me
She wanted brand name? Forgot to order it
There's RTS vials on the shelf? I'll open this new bottle

Last edited: