Most Pathetic Rejection Letter Ever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In all honesty, RWJMS is not the kind of school you'd likely want to attend anyway. Most of the physicians that I have spoken with are generally unimpressed with the quality of the students that come out of there. Cheer up and cross your fingers that you get accepted elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad.

In the florida thread, people said they got rejected from the Univ of Florida via email. The email title said "R W/o IV." As in, Rejection without interview aka dont bother to open this rejection email because we didnt bother to spell out the words. The Univ athletic association appreciates your donation.

Will a school that won't take applications from oos students still cash the check for a secondary application fee from an oos applicant who didn't know about the policy? Just curious.

Probably. It's one of those things where it will say- you should have done your research, or that it cost a fee for us to "process" your application even if you were not in state. Not entirely sure though, good question

Members don't see this ad :)
Will a school that won't take applications from oos students still cash the check for a secondary application fee from an oos applicant who didn't know about the policy? Just curious.

I know UMass will cash the primary fee, but I think they then deny OOS students a secondary. (UMass by law has a 5-year residency requirement for the MD program; OOS applicants *can* apply MD/PhD.)

I think the attitude of most schools is that if you applied without even bothering to check if you're eligible to apply, then it's not their problem.

Got the RWJ letter yesterday, too. I feel like their admissions dept probably has like 2 people. Their secondaries are also as basic as can be. "Write your name. Sign. Send with check."

RWJ's rejection letter today - mass email without applicant's names with a pdf attachment to a form letter also sans applicant name. You'd think since each applicant bothered to personalize their secondary and pay them $75 (or whatever) the least they could do is run a program that prefills in applicant's names to their letter. They wouldn't even need to put it in as an attachment and could just send a "personalized" email. Talk about lack of tact!

Couldn't have said it better myself, thanks OP.