Most significant clinical experience: free clinic or scribing?

kitkat13

5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey all,

I worked at a free clinic for a year, but feel like I didn't learn much. I have been scribing for only a month and have seen a diverse range of patients and learned a lot along the way.

I want to write about scribing for my secondaries that ask about "most significant clinic experience". Would this be dumb of me?

STcmOCSD

2+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2017
If you learned more from scribing and can talk about more through that, then it makes more sense to talk about your scribe experience

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: kitkat13
About the Ads

Goro

Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Hey all,

I worked at a free clinic for a year, but feel like I didn't learn much. I have been scribing for only a month and have seen a diverse range of patients and learned a lot along the way.

I want to write about scribing for my secondaries that ask about "most significant clinic experience". Would this be dumb of me?
Totally fine. Note the bolded text!

Reactions: kitkat13

Planes2Doc

Residency is ruff!
7+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2012
The South
Status
Resident [Any Field]
If you feel scribing has been meaningful to you, then by all means write it!

I understand the notion that free clinic volunteering should be the most meaningful, and despite it not being what you expected, you can turn it into a positive.

You can say it wasn't meaningful due to your limited scope of practice or what not, say what you hoped it would be, and then say what you would hope to accomplish when you're actually a doctor. That would look pretty good.

Reactions: Lucca

Lucca

Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Staff member
Administrator
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2013
City of the Future
Status
Medical Student
The one that was most meaningful to you is the most meaningful one.

About the Ads