Most slides in a day.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pathslides

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For practicing pathologists, what is the most number of slides you looked at on a single day including surgicals, cyto, smears, body fluids, marrows, and immuno hold overs. Yesterday was prob my highest at around 335.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
174 GI accessions a few days go. 88305 x 356 and a few dozen H pylori's. Tiring.

I looked at 1000 one day in fellowship.

Normally these days it's closer to 200. Since I finished fellowship highest has probably been around 400, but not sure.

Average 200/day. But, I've gone up to 500/day a couple of times this past year.

Do you guys have levels on separate slides to account for the high numbers, or just really high case load? Maybe my gig is just cushy but we tend to average around 110-125 for 100% share. Most I've had to do was maybe 250. But I do some side dermpath and that lab is obnoxious - only two pieces of tissue per cassette and levels x 2 on 2 slides for everything. Such a waste of histo time and mine as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Slides are bad way to measure productivity. I used to work at place the often had 200-324 slides. They did 2 0r 3 levels on separate slides. That would equal only 100-150 slides at my current lab.
RVU per pathologist is better.

Reactions: 1 user