Most Unbelievable Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calcium boy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I WANT TO START A THREAD ABOUT STUDENTS WHO WERE ACCEPTED TO GREAT MEDICAL SCHOOL WITH OK STATS. FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU WERE ACCEPTED TO YALE MEDICAL SCHOOL WITH A 3.3GPA ,29 ON THE MCAT.*PLEASE NO 12YR AT U OF C POST. SOMEBODY I GO TO SCHOOL WITH GOT INTO LOYOLA MEDICAL SCHOOL WITH A 3.1GPA AND 27 ON THE MCAT. LATER I FOUND OUT HIS MOTHER'S SISTER HUSBAND IS A DOCTOR AT THE MEDICAL CENTER WITH CONNECTIONS.

Members don't see this ad.

I got into BUSCOM with a 1.3757623597862134773839201749871986104 and a 5 G MCAT. But Bushbaby (the Adcom of BUSCOM) and I go way back. I mean - waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy pre-embryonic back. I generously endowed her coffers with heaps of monopoly money and I took her out to eat at Taco Bell. I don't know if this route will work for you though, as she prefers applicants who are web savvy.

Members don't see this ad :)
My brother's wife's halfsister's uncle's daughter once told me that...

No, jk. But, seriously. If you think UAB is a good school, I worked with a doctor who got in after getting his masters. But, he had a 2.7 cum even after the post-graduate classes and a 30 on the MCAT. And he just now got out of residency, so fairly recent.

Originally posted by calcium boy
I WANT TO START A THREAD ABOUT STUDENTS WHO WERE ACCEPTED TO GREAT MEDICAL SCHOOL WITH OK STATS. FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU WERE ACCEPTED TO YALE MEDICAL SCHOOL WITH A 3.3GPA ,29 ON THE MCAT.*PLEASE NO 12YR AT U OF C POST. SOMEBODY I GO TO SCHOOL WITH GOT INTO LOYOLA MEDICAL SCHOOL WITH A 3.1GPA AND 27 ON THE MCAT. LATER I FOUND OUT HIS MOTHER'S SISTER HUSBAND IS A DOCTOR AT THE MEDICAL CENTER WITH CONNECTIONS.

I know this guy who applied to med school that wrote his essays in all caps and shouted the whole way through the interview.

He likes calcium a lot. ;)