Most useful classes to take before med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandisk115

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the best and most useful classes to take before med school?

I've heard biochem, neuro, physio .. what else?

Members don't see this ad.

this thread has been done before... do a search for it.

;)

Originally posted by sandisk115
What's the best and most useful classes to take before med school?

I've heard biochem, neuro, physio .. what else?

Spanish!!

Members don't see this ad :)
art or literature. something to show them you're a human being and not just some science robot (besides, itll be the last time you have to study something else you like in depth)

edit: take me for example. i took a dinosaurs class while in winter 2003

Classes that have nothing to do with science since medical school will suck up most of your time. When you do have free time, you will most likely not want to spend it learning anything. Fill your brains with lots of non-science knowledge now, and don't refrain from doing so because of the false belief that it will make you a less competitive applicant.

I don't think the OP was asking "which classes will help me get into med school." The post asks which classes would be most useful. Seems to me that biochem would be the most useful.

i think physiomolecularbiologicalchemistry and calculus XV

+pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

Originally posted by Mr.Tweed
I don't think the OP was asking "which classes will help me get into med school." The post asks which classes would be most useful. Seems to me that biochem would be the most useful.

I was a premed not too long ago, and I am aware of how many premeds take classes that they think will not only help them in med school but also make them look good. So, I didn't need your input since I do read quite well on my own. And, yes, taking non-science courses would be quite useful- if you happen to like such classes.

I'm taking Myosim Karate next semester. I think it'll come in handy if I run across any particularly aggressive gomers on rotations.

tf