Most Well-Paid Fields?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

passerby722

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'd like to know what are the most well-paid fields in medicine currently?

Unfortunately I'm having to put finances above interest when specializing due to huge debt & family obligations. Any advice would be welcome.

I'd of course be willing to move around the country, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Why would you post that here of all places, besides to troll?

Google is your friend

(And for what it's worth, I'm one of the communists who says you shouldn't do it for the money. But it's your life do whatever you want with it.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Why would you post that here of all places, besides to troll?

Google is your friend

(And for what it's worth, I'm one of the communists who says you shouldn't do it for the money. But it's your life do whatever you want with it.)

:thumbup: to everything in this post. CaptainSSO posted it so I didn't have to!

Neurosurgery, spine surgery in particular. Look forward to 7 years of 100 hour work weeks just for the residency, though, and a horrible lifestyle afterward. I hear Interventional Pain pays well, too.

You want to get paid well and you went into medicine? woof

get into med school first, big guy.

Hi All,

Unfortunately I'm having to put finances above interest when specializing due to huge debt & family obligations. Any advice would be welcome.

Why don't you just murder your family and move to another country?

Hi All,

Why you had to ask here is a very valid question.

But, I will respond to your post at face-value, but it will not be the answer you are looking for. Going into medicine just for the money is not a good approach. And I'm not talking about the all the ethical, "you should want to do medicine to help people" blah, blah, blah. I personally think that is important, but I know not everyone does. However, you are taking a gigantic risk. The top-paying specialties are crazy competitive. If it is only worth it to go to med school to get a top-paying job, you will most likely not get that job and may be in an even worse position with your med school debt (on top of other debt) and a job that pays well but not well enough for your situation.

I'm not here to crush dreams or be Mr. Negative. You could very well get into med school and become the highest paid MD ever. It's got to happen to someone. But, the chance of that is extremely low. If you NEED a top-paying job, look elsewhere.

Hi All,

Between the above and below (your two posts on SDN,) I am comfortably convinced you are the stupidest human being on the internet. You've got life all figured out my friend. Best of luck.

Hello,

I'd like to know if anyone has heard of ResidentsMedicalGroup?

There isn't much information on the web about them, except for the official website. They claim to be able to guarantee a first year of residency upon payment of a certain figure.

On the face of it, it seems to be a scam or sth. But they are a member of the BBB (Better Business Bureau), nor could i find anything suggesting a scam on the web after checking with several search engines.

Would be great to hear some info/experiences.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any angle that aims to make beautiful people more beautiful. Self-pay is essential. Eye jobs, nose jobs, boob/pec jobs, etc. Baldness treatments. Beauty being skin deep you can also consider self-pay skin care as a specialty. Also fat melting injections and other beauty treatments. No health insurance companies to mess with, minimal risk of big time malpractice suits (unlike neurosurgery).

Hi All,

This is a question that you won't get a serious answer for around here. People just aren't sincere.

What I recommend is that when you get to you med school interviews just ask: "Hi I am passerby. Nice to meet you. Hey, I'd like to know what are the mose well-paid fields in medicine currently. Can you help be determine which will make my wallet most obese?"

The adcom will appreciate you honesty. :thumbup:

This is a question that you won't get a serious answer for around here. People just aren't sincere.

What I recommend is that when you get to you med school interviews just ask: "Hi I am passerby. Nice to meet you. Hey, I'd like to know what are the mose well-paid fields in medicine currently. Can you help be determine which will make my wallet most obese?"

The adcom will appreciate you honesty. :thumbup:

They'll even help you find your way to dental school.:laugh:

Wait is me or are the University of Oregon cheerleaders really freakin hot:

Oh yeah, I forgot:

Left-->Right

9; 8.52976; 8; 9.5; 8.234589

I tried to carry out to the nearest decimal but it didn't work with #2 and #5

Oh yeah, I forgot:

Left-->Right

9; 8.52976; 8; 9.5; 8.234589

I tried to carry out to the nearest decimal but it didn't work with #2 and #5

You gave the highest number to the ugliest chick bro. She looks like she's 9.5 yrs old.

Wait is me or are the University of Oregon cheerleaders really freakin hot:

@!$% yea. the only post in this whole thread made me read, and i am talking about close detail word for word highly focused readin....

You better get your eye prescription checked!
Unless you are biased towards favoring brunettes... The plot thickens. :cool:
i actually have perfect vision and supposedly wont need assistance til i'm about 45. i'm impartial to hair color.

You gave the highest number to the ugliest chick bro. She looks like she's 9.5 yrs old.

Yeah but she looks flexible as hell...that itself accounts for 5 points in my book. But on looks alone far left wins by a landslide.

frazier, so far its 3 to 1. state your case for second from the left.

Second from the left, that curly blond hair is awesome! :love:

Dude, this isn't an x-ray. For our purposes the girl you're referring to is the second from the right.

Dude, this isn't an x-ray. For our purposes the girl you're referring to is the second from the right.

No...It wasn't me trying to be smart. I'm just really horrible at directions, I'm probably gonna be one of those surgions who cuts off the wrong leg. :scared:

Yes, second from the right.

Far right looks kinda like Amanda Seyfried...

Anyway, gimme far right's stomach on 2nd from the left's face and body with 2nd from right's hair. Maybe something like that?

Individually, ehh...

Last edited:
Haha look at this guy, wanting to know how much a potential job pays. What a LOSER! I'm going travel the world and give out free health care to the third world and live in a cardboard box until I'm 80 years old. LOSER!

+1 (short with no hips or curves at all), but I guess short guys with the frame of a 10 year old would dig her.

Also, is that a scar on 2nd from the lefts belly?
far left is the hottest
This is the correct answer :thumbup:
Highly inappropriate--mods please close thread and ban all these misogynistic pigs. You uncivilized beasts!
Easy there sweetheart

elbows are too pointy

Almost 50 replies and no one points out that "most well" should be "best"