mothers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kine

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI. Does anyone else out there have parents who are more obsessed with getting into med school than they are?

Help!

My mother reads every message posted anywhere about med school. How do I get her to stop!

p.s. Hi mom.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
My family could give 2 hoots that I am interested in medicine.

Tho maybe I'm better off that way.

Take help where you find it. My mother was a big help. She typed all my secondaries that required a typewriter. She found this site for me. I doubt I would have been as successful without the help I got here. Thanks, Mom.

Okay for a minute there I thought you meant that your mom wanted to go to med school too. :) Interesting thought.
Hey be appreciative of the help!!!

I think my parents were disappointed that I decided I wanted to try for medicine and stop Computer Science. When I tell them what is going on, they tend to zone out and just start to smile and nod. :hardy: <- Like that?

~AS1~

Moms are quality!
mine brought this pretty Native American dreamcatcher (I think she made it) into my room the other day and hung it on my closet door and said
"this so you can catch all of your dreams"

thanks mom

:love:

I do have to say that moms are the best. I rember telling my mom last summer that the acceptance rates for my my top choice medical schools were too low for comfort. She assured me that nothing is impossible. Then went ahead and prayed fervently (on an almost daily basis) for my success. By the grace of God I got into my top choice schools. Thanks mom! You're the best.

there's a post on this type of thing. i'll bring it up for ya. :) some really great stories...